Saturday, March 31, 2012

A happy wash - Weigh In

So the first week I had pneumonia, I lost 6 lbs.  We all knew THAT was too good to be true.  But like an idgit, I logged the loss anyway.  The following week, 4 of it promptly found its way back even with exercise and angelic eating.  It also forced me to look at my calories and was I eating enough for the kinds of workouts we do.  I upped my calories and staying within the 2200-2300 range has worked for 3 weeks in a row now.

I'm down 2 lbs, which puts me back at the "pneumonia loss."  A "wash" if you look at the calendar but a happy one I guess.

A milestone is looming close.  The last time I lost a significant amount of weight (1998- I lost 85 lbs), I got down to 285 lbs.  I've got 3 lbs to go until I hit that again.  I'm looking forward to surpassing it and starting look toward things like "this is what I weighed the longest in high school"  (250) or this is what I weighed when I met the Mr after I lost 40 lbs (220).  As long as I keep going in the right direction, I'm not going to stray from what's working right now since consistent weight loss has not been the name o' the game this past year.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

11 comments:

  1. Yayayay! Congrats mama! Have a fantabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! I know it puts you at a "wash" - but this is real loss instead of sickness loss. I hope your new plan keeps working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is awesome news and I can't wait to hear about all these milestones you have coming up...You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting to pass those milestone weights! I mean, look at you. You've lost over 200 pounds, and I am in total awe of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so well it's just incredible! I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice--this time you know those pounds are outta here for real! You'll be cruising past that next milestone in a short time, then it's on to bigger, er, smaller things. So glad you have found what's working for you again; part of the problem for many of us is the rules seem to keep changing, so we have to keep changing things up, too. WOO HOO for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooooohooooo! Great job! So proud of you. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so amazing!!! I am so glad I get to follow you in the process too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I love the week of the spud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your loss! And hush, it is not a wash--losing weight from being sick doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)