Thursday, March 8, 2012

3/8/12- Food Journal

Oh man, I don't know what it is but my stomach has completely rejected any spices in my oatmeal.  I used to LOVE maple brown sugar oatmeal but one day I ate it after it got cold and it did something to my psyche.  Any time I tried to eat it any way other than plain, it made my gut churn.  Today I decided to add a little pumpkin pie spice and that was a mistake.  I choked it down anyway.  After that rousing intro...let's eat.

Breakfast was a big bowl of mistake oatmeal with a cut up nana, 1 tbsp of almond butter and 1 serving Special K Blueberry for crunch but it couldn't save the spice factor.  It did hold me all morning which is good.



Lunch was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (2 slices of TJ's Whole Wheat Fiber Bread, 2 tbsp of regular peanut butter and 1 tbsp apple butter) then the usual.  Raw veggies and 1/2 tbsp dip, apple with apple dip, a chipmunk, fruit salad (watermelon, cantaloupe, clementine, pineapple, red seedless grapes and motor oil), cereal bar and iced tea.  Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention.  I know the regular cast of characters gets boring.





Dinner was 4 oz of Fiesta Lime Mahi Mahi over TJ's asparagus risotto which I don't get to have, ever, because of sodium.  I've got one more bag to use then its me trying to replicate it with MUCH less sodium.



Because dinner was so low, I had a lot of calories to use for a snack.  Hot cocoa, a serving of Biscoff biscuits and 2 oat peanut butter balls.  (Recipe to come soon)




I'm watching Grease, one of my all time faves.  It totally ruined my expectation of how cool high school should  be, well that and Sixteen Candles.

Did you ever see movies as a kid that ruined your expectation of how your teen years or adulthood should be?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

9 comments:

  1. Honestly... I thought I was having a stroke (it's been THAT kind of a week)... chipmunk? Motor oil? And then your 'awake'comment confused me... SIGH. I gotta go to bed... but THAT would mean my kid is fine and asleep... NOT.

    I thought this recipe would be great with asparagus and MUCH less salt... and tasty with Mahi Mahi:

    http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/meyer_lemon_risotto/

    I haven't made it yet (I love making risotto)... I just found the recipe last night... I have a barley risotto recipe I could eat all.the.time.

    Ya know... movies pretty much made life bearable and painful all at the same time... somewhere to go to escape, and yet a reminder that my life was not a movie or anywhere close. Ya know?

    {{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was broiled chipmunk, not fried, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA Motor oil, I was like wait whaaa? Nothing like a good glass of motor oil in the morning:) A movie that ruined my expectations of LIFE was all the Disney Princess movies...umm hello musical love fairytale anyone??! Guys are brats LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Glad to see everyone was awake and/or not stroking out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...motor oil. My favorite, but I usually like it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm - motor oil and chipmunk. Only you could make something delicious out of that.

    Breakfast Club totally ruined me for detention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how may calories there are in motor oil?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was wondering if chipmunk and motor oil were some cool kids slang words that I just didn't know--ha! One time I was feeling like people weren't really reading my posts and I said something about eating unicorn filets marinated in the tears of newborn babies and ONE person caught it.

    I love that Trader Joe's risotto! Boo that you can't eat it anymore. :( I think risotto tends to be salty because of all the stock it absorbs, but I bet if you make it yourself with salt-free stock, you could swing it. But then you'd have to stand over the stove stirring a pot of risotto for 40 minutes...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)