Wednesday, March 7, 2012

3/7/12- Food Journal

I woke up feeling if I had another bowl of oatmeal for breakfast I was going to yarf so I refrained.

Let's eat...

Breakfast was Special K Blueberry so it got put in the blue bowl.  I'm a dork.  Banana and 1 tbsp Nutella and 13 oz green tea.  The sun was reflecting off of my car and totally mucked up the color.  I was too lazy to take 50 pics of it.


I made a recipe that calls for caramelized onions and I made sure I had a ton left so I used some at lunch.  Lunch was a TJ's uncured chicken dog on a whole wheat bun with 1/2 tsp mustard and caramelized onions,  fruit salad, raw veggies and 1/2 tbsp dip, 1 oz cheddar, a honeycrisp apple with apple dip, TJ's chocolate brownie oat bar and iced tea.  The hot dog tasted just like a Maxwell Street polish.  For those who have never had one, find one or just go to Portillo's and thank me later.




Dinner was the second serving of our loco moco (the recipe will be coming soon) and I added some brussels sprouts to the mix.  *slaps belly*  YUM!



Snack will be a serving of Trader Joe's Bistro Biscuits (they're like those Biscoff cookies you get on airplanes...sooooo yummy) and a Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Caramel with Sea Salt Square.


Now it's time to wash off the reality crap that is Survivor and watch last night's Cougar Town and see if I can sneak Smash in so I can drool over Jack Davenport (Derek).  Loved him in Swingtown and he's the only reason I watch that show.  Me-ow!

Calories for the day, 2228.  Burned 710 calories doing Give Me 10 More by Amy Dixon.

Anything good on your menu today?  What's your guilty pleasure TV show?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

11 comments:

  1. I had never heard of loco moco before! I do know, however, that we can lighten and adjust for anything we want--even cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I meant to admit to my guilty pleasure show, "Psych". In fact, I have one hour until this week's ep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Psych too - but don't feel guilty about it. The one that I have to make sure the shades are drawn before I watch is Storage Wars. I'm hopelessly addicted, and totally embarrassed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PORTILLOS!!!! One thing I miss from my days in the Hoosier Heartland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM, it all looks so good! Thanks for some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for that recipe for loco moco, it looks like a tortilla on top with some meat underneath and gravy on the tortilla? YUM!
    Favorite guilty TV? I like a lot of TV! I'm really getting into Whitney which the critics and most people HATE. She is hilarious. Lasst week, she & her BF got mugged and she ran like Hell to get away, leaving her BF all alone with the mugger. Then she said that was her method to get out of trouble. Tornado? Run! (her boyfriend said, would you at least run to the basement? Whitney said, Why? Am I gonna do a load of whites?) Earthquake? Run! Mugging? RUN! Hilarious.
    Also like Cougar Town, (LOVE all the ex-Friends), and Smash is a new favorite, altho I have to DVR it and watch it when I'm alone. Hubby considers it a chick flick. Also good are Raising Hope, Parks & Rec, Teen Mom II (another one I watch alone), Original Teen Mom (those girls are so messed up!), and used to enjoy Hoarders, although I grew weary of the messes. At first it seemed to make me feel better about my own clutter, which does not approach what they have on the show, but now it just depresses me. I think sometimes those peple are't just hoarders, they are slobs and don't know what a garbage can is for.

    Wish we had Portillo's here, the hotdog looks good. Gonna try those carmelized onions, I think you could just about put those on anything! Well except maybe for fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!!

    Guilty pleasure TV--does Modern Family count? That's about the only TV show I watch. Well, that and 30 Rock if I can catch it online before they take it down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nom nom nom!!!

    I'm a Survivor Guilty Pleasure watcher too! I also have been watching Smash, but I have to say it hasn't wowed me yet. None of the characters have connected with me and I couldn't even tell you who "Derek" is...is that the director? See...I don't know. LOL

    Another guilty pleasure show for me is America's Next Top Model. Color me silly but I find it amusing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't watch TV. I never have time anymore. But, when I did, I used to watch the Food Network and HGTV mostly. Occasionally, I'd click over to Ghost Whisperer or some form of Law and Order or Lifetime movies.

    OH! If Pride and Prejudice is on, I'll watch that. It doesn't matter if I was in the middle of another show or if the movie is more than half way over, I'll still watch. Do you have any movies like that? Or ones that you own, but if they're on TV, you'll watch them anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and can't stop reading. I find your weight loss journey so inspiring!! And I love Smash and Cougartown too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing everyone's guilty pleasure shows and so glad to see there are a few others that like Cougar Town. "Penny Caaaan!"

    Nichole- Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)