Monday, August 15, 2011

Current Favorite Morning Snack

I love me some nanas.  They can't be green, they can't be brown, just that perfect shade of light yellow.  I love to slap a tablespoon of Nutella on there but when I need a bit of a protein boost and a wee fiber kick, I choose this:


One 3.5 ounce banana, 1 tbsp of Trader Joe's almond butter (salted) and a hit of pumpkin pie spice.  It is SO yummy and filling and that pumpkin pie spice gives me that bit o' Fall I'm craving so bad lately.  Here's the nutritional lowdown:
Cals- 186
Fat- 9g
Sodium-31mg
Carbs-26g
Fiber-4g
Protein-5g

What's your favorite snack?

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

7 comments:

  1. LOL! I am the same way about my bananas! Hubby likes them green (ICK!) but mine have to be just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Oikos Pure Pleasure Caramel on the Bottom 4 oz yogurt sometimes with 1/4 cup of Kashi go Lean Crunch in it. Less than 200 calories and welll...PURE PLEASURE...really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I am going to have to try that! Love my 'nanas too, just never thought to spread Nutella or almond butter on them, and the pumpkin pie spice--mmmm, fall indeed. Love to make grilled peanut butter and banana sandwiches for breakfast. Fav snack right now is almonds and dried cherries together; sometimes I'll add in some Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai Berries or Pomegranate Seeds as well. Shoot, now I'm hungry; must be snack time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on an apple kick right now, can't get enough of them.
    I like bananas, but I'm totally a member of the green banana club.

    My favorite snack EVER is trail mix, but it's currently on my no-no list. I can't restrict myself to just one serving, therefore I'm not allowed to have any at all. Down the road I'll try again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this might become my favorite snack. It looks yummy! Gotta get some almond butter, but already have the bananas and pumpkin pie spice, so gonna pick up the almond butter and try this when I get home tonight! Thanks for the great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently found a trail mix called 'Not Nuts' that doesn't have nuts in it (which SO many do) and is gluten free, so I've been nomming on that lately.

    And I just discovered that Sunbutter exists. Supposedly, it's like a nut butter, but made from sunflower seeds. Now, if only there were a Trader Joe's close...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)