Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday reads: Living in an 80's video, unplugging and eat your neighbors leftovers?

Friday is here baby!  Anyone else excited?

It's time to check out



Do You Exercise on an Empty Stomach?

Living in the Video:  Girls Just Wanna Have Fun  (I'm down!  Let's shop!)

Weight Loss - "It's a War, Not a Battle"  (I think I lost the battle this week, back to war next week)

Why Everyone Should Unplug This Weekend  (For my friends on electronic leashes.  I need to work on the computer part but I don't use a cell phone.  I love the way it drives everyone else crazy!)

The Health Benefits of Honey  (Sweet!)

This Video Checks How "Old" Your Hearing Is  (Haven't done it yet but am interested to see!)

Would You Eat Your Neighbors Leftovers?  Try ShareYourMeal  (I'm sorry but...no.  I can see doing this with friends and/or family but I just don't trust people)

Yoga for Metabolism

Calorie Blasting Kettlebell, Kickboxing Workout

7 Strategies to Improve Your Photography  (I'm always up for tips!)

25 Fitness & Weight Loss Products  (Wow...just...wow.)

23 Cleaning Products You'll Find at Home

No real concrete plans for the weekend.  It's grocery time so there's that and that means hitting up the farmers market.  Have to check the local websites and see if anything good is going on.

I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge today being the 36th anniversary of Elvis Presley's passing.  I'll be watching some kind of Elvis special or movie today since I can't be in Memphis.  Just once I want to attend an Elvis week with the rest of the diehards.

Any plans for the weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )

7 comments:

  1. Some good reading material there. Can't wait to check 'em out! I cannot imagine what Memphis is like during Elvis week. Talk about a crowd! It might be cool to go though as long as we can find a place to park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you're giving yoga a real try. I know that sounds goofy, but yoga turned out to The One when it comes to exercise (for me). It's the one thing I've stuck with the longest and can really see myself doing even when I'm a shriveled old woman (it will keep me limber so I can chase youths from my porch). It's also been so good for me mentally. No joking, I'm more even tempered and just nicer to be around (and be) than before I got into yoga.

    YOGA FOR EVERYONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to exercise on a fairly empty stomach. If I try after a meal I just feel sick. Regardless of the time of day, or the research, or the fat burning quality - I'm not going to do something that will leave me feeling ill.

    I don't use my phone as much as some people, but I certainly do feel off if I forget it. I told hubby the other day that before cell phones we (each of us) could make independent decisions, and neither of us can manage that anymore. A simply shopping trip almost always includes a text or call.

    Some of those weight loss products actually look pretty good, whereas some are just plain weird.

    The local pool has a dog shelter fund raiser this weekend. The Dog Daze of Summer at the local pool. It's closed to people for the season, so they let people bring their dogs to swim for a donation to the shelter. I may take one of my dogs, but I'm not sure. Then tomorrow afternoon we're off to the county fair. Little boy is going to be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to go to our local farmer's market more often. I'll now put that on my to-do list this weekend! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Du mentioned the Iowa State Fair. We need to go visit his dad who lives within an hour of Des Moines, so it would kill two birds with one stone. I've never been to this State Fair of all State Fairs---might be fun. Fried Butter? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I opened your post in my email and this is what I read, it made me giggle cause I know its not what you meant but if you did it would be so you...

    "Friday is here baby! Anyone else excited?

    It's time to check out"

    Yes, it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh about the electronics comment. I have a cell phone, but I refuse to set up voicemail (no point) and people are insane about that. I've never texted in my life and actually have that option shut off on my phone. I don't do social media at all, and that's another reason I'm not in with the "in crowd". Meh, I'm ok with that. =o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)