Tuesday, March 1, 2011

End of month wrap up/ The March plan

Well, I wouldn't say I'd call February a resounding success but I suppose if I end the month lighter than I started it, I should probably be grateful.  I guess having busted my hump for the last 2 weeks of the month and seeing basically no results left me with mixed feelings.  I was a little pissed off that I worked out double the amount and only saw a pound's loss in that time for my efforts, yet I'm relieved that I didn't see some massive loss that said "yep, welcome to your new life if you want any kind of weight loss from now on, sassafras!"  So I will take the four pounds lost.

March will consist of mixing up rest days.  I don't think it's conducive to have 2 rest days in a row especially given how beat up my body feels by the end of the week.  So if you look on this month's workout schedule page, you'll see that rest days will be rotated between Tues-Thurs throughout the month.  We will make sure that on rest days we decrease our calories by 150-200 calories to slightly offset not working out that day.  We've also added a third strength session; nothing massive or all Hans and Franz-like but enough to get in a little bit of a pump with Chalene and her bands. I will NOT give up and will NOT let this slow down rule me.  I'm sick of it.  It really sucked when you could basically count on a 2 lb loss most weeks the first year to now getting 1 lb or nothing and 2 lbs is considered a celebration.  I still have about 130 lbs to go so this pace just isn't acceptable.  I'm hoping the new tweaks will do some good.   Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a solid plan and hopefully enough of a tweak to tip things in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just burnt a few calories just reading your workout schedule for the month. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say, "May I someday be able to do a workout plan as intense as yours!" I really like your calendar idea and I'm using it, just weekly instead of monthly. I'm afraid, that for myself, if I start floating the other day off, I'll use it as an excuse not to workout. Maybe eventually but not now. Good luck with this tweak!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)