Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Yep, we tried another one

*I know, another Halo Top review but we're recovering from a long drive home so I moved this up so mama can get some rest.  Back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.*

I swear we're not looking to plow our way through all of the Halo Top flavors.  We have had a miss or two with them, but this one has always called our name after the seasonal stuff.


Given cinnamon rolls are some of our favorite things ever we had to see how it stacked up.  We were pretty impressed with the Pumpkin Pie due to the pie crust in it so we wondered if there would be actual cinnamon rolls in it.

Here's a peek at the nutritional info.


Still pretty decent given you're getting 180 calories if you split the pint.

In case you want to try to read the ingredients...break out the readers.


My one gripe is always that the thing they are touting can be few and far between.  Like the cookie dough was a total bust for me because there were like 4 dough bits in my half.



This had a decent amount of cinnamon roll in it, but obviously, you want more.  Yes, it's actual cinnamon roll in there according to the ingredients above.

So how did it taste?


Exceeded expectations for both of us!  We were impressed by the quality of the cinnamon roll used in the ice cream.  There's rarely ever enough cinnamon for us, and I could've used a little more, but this was adequate.  I could easily blow through a pint of this on my own, but I know halfway through you get to that point where you can't taste ice cream anymore, so I try to remind myself of that.  I'm not a big vanilla ice cream fan and sometimes Halo Top's vanilla based ice creams really miss the mark for me, and it just feels like I'm eating vanilla only, but this was flavorful.  I'm going to try to get the thought out of my head about putting a scoop on top of a real cinnamon roll.

Do you like vanilla or chocolate based ice creams or something else?


====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

1 comment:

  1. If I eat ice cream I like Rocky Road, or peanut butter chocolate, but not plain chocolate. I like vanilla, but only if it has toppings on it. I used to like butter brickle too. Do they even still make that?

    The boy really likes pistachio so I usually just buy that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)