Monday, February 26, 2018

Thanks to my Rock and a not so happy anniversary

Happy Monday all.  I hope you had an awesome weekend!

As promised, I kept it low key...again...for real this time.  Apparently, when the doc tells me I can do walking and stretching only for my leg recovery, I should've translated that as "2-3 full days of doing absolutely nothing because even when you try to pull back, you don't pull back enough."  It wasn't until I was suffering everything short of the potential stroke inducing trauma of the previous Wednesday the following Wednesday that I just pulled the plug on doing anything more than standing to make a meal or two.

I want to take a good moment to thank my rock, my protector, my wubby, mah boo...the Mr.  From Valentine's Day eve until now he has truly taken care of me from the leg issues to a blast from the past gone sideways to the mammogram scare to the leg thing AGAIN.  This was all in a span of time where work was particularly grueling for him and had him working a triple shift from home Thursday into Friday.  Despite the demands of his job, he still checked on me, made me breakfast (and other meals) in bed on days when moving was not possible...

(Breakfast in bed!)

(Love is when your honey knows you don't like the hard part by the core and scoops 'em out for you without asking)

He endured watching marathons of Flea Market Flip and Vacation Rental Potential in short stints (but then tortured me with a Tesla and Mythbusters marathon so I consider us more than equal on that one) and all while still making sure to keep up his workouts.  I seriously don't know what I would've done without him especially the night it all went south.  I know I am lucky and I try not to take that for granted.  So consider this my virtual flowers on the Mr's desk at work.  (You know how it is when you get flowers at work ladies.  Everyone sees the flowers on your desk at work and the women swoon and the men all b*tch you're making them look bad.)

It was the first sunny day in a while so we decided to slowly work me back into walking.  It feels good to get back to a "baseline" of sorts and I will continue to encourage the Mr to do the more challenging workouts for himself while I ease back into this.  Just doing two grocery stores Saturday was enough to leave me a little sore and the ankle flared right back up.  So frustrating to say the least but I'm trying not to focus on that.  I just have to hope it's another part of the manual my body is giving me to properly care for it going forward.  All I know is I need to get PT back in the picture because it's been 2 weeks since I've done it and I don't want all of my work to go to waste.  I must do it 3x week and no more at this point and gauge from there. We have also decided maybe we need a floating active rest day in there somewhere.  We both lost 3 lbs last week and there has to be something to that. 

We marked a somber anniversary yesterday with the one year passing of Bill Paxton.  It still gets us every time to think about him being gone and more so given the recent news his family is filing a wrongful death lawsuit and he didn't have to die according to them.  As if losing someone isn't bad enough, knowing they didn't have to die is even worse and we've been through that first hand.  We watched Twister to honor him as its a movie we most often quote him from so to us, he's never really gone.

What did you guys do this weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you've taken it easy and also that you found it didn't mean a bad outcome on the scale either. We are learning important lessons on this whole event, some of which we may not realize yet but may later. I think a rest day will definitely help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so lucky to have each other!
    I had a good weekend hosting really good out of town friends. They cooked us a steak dinner. We went to their daughter's bball game. I sure needed that friend love to remind me that life is good!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spend the weekend at my folks'. I had a class on Saturday and my parent took the boy to meet his class at a science field trip in another town. They had a great time, and I earn credits toward re-licensing.

    Getting another page in your manual is a good thing, I'm just sorry it had to come at a high price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent about 4 months of 2012 in a boot with a bad break. I did a lot of upper body (floor of my living room or even in bed). And I could do certain kinds of abs. And I worked on my posture a lot. I know how frustrating it is to have a long heal time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that you had some genuine down time and gave your body a much-needed break. It's been a long, long road, and you've learned a lot about your body and the different cues it's giving you. Healing is slow, but it WILL happen.

    Weekend was good with a good meeting, some errands, and two very much needed naps. The winds were howling but today it's 50 with sunshine and little wind so the dogs have enjoyed being out. One dog had his annual and has some lumps that are "probably' lipomas, like his other ones, but we have to discuss whether or not surgery is going to happen. But for the rest of the day I'm not thinking about it. Seems weird not to have the Olympics on because that's all I've watched for 17 days. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heal fast and don't try to do too much too fast

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)