Saturday, February 19, 2011

Well that didn't work - Weigh In

After busting my ass all week doing 2 workouts per day Tues-Fri and burning over 10,000 cals (w/workouts and what I burn just existing) I lost 1 friggin' pound.  I could've done that without all the workouts! 

Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting a 5 lb loss (I wasn't expecting it but I did dream about it last night!) but I thought at least 3.  I KNOW I wasn't eating enough to support that kind of calorie burn but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't change my calories.

In calculating what I'd have to be eating to burn 7500 cals per week I'm finding 2180-2530 which is in the minimal range I ate this past week so I don't quite get that.  I think I might continue next week but add a healthy morning snack right after my workout of about 200-300 calories so I'm closer to mid-range and not hitting just below range or the very bottom and see what that does.  If it does nothing, then I'm cutting the morning workouts.  I just want to be able to say I've tried everything but I have to say I'll be really disappointed if I just lose the same amount I usually do.  My body just seriously hates me and wants to hang on to every pound.  I still have 150 lbs to go so I don't have time for slow downs or else it'll take me 5 more years of busting my ass and getting minimal results.  *GRRR*

It should also be noted I'll be discontinuing the use of the aloe vera pills I was trying last week.  After doing a little digging, I didn't like what I was reading on reputable site about taking it orally (you know, dehydration, kidney issues, death...stuff like that) so I figured that's enough for me to stop.  That was my first full week taking it and I have no idea if that has anything to do with the lack of loss or not but it won't be an issue from this point on either way.  Just thought it was worth noting.

3 comments:

  1. I have read some of your blogs on spark, and followed the link to your website. I truly admire your work. Your consistency, dedication, and the obstacles you have had to endure inspire me to keep going. I am not one to look deeply into my feelings, or get to the core of the hurt, or analyze my state of mind. I am not a "writer" I never kept a journal/diary of any sort. I am starting to believe that in order to achieve success one key ingredient is to take time to think, reflect, ponder and write "stuff" down. ? Anyway the reason i started this comment was to encourage you to continue with a 2nd workout for another week. It has worked for me. I started in July weighing 217 and I am now at 195. I was doing two workouts a day 60 minutes each one in the morning and one in the evening. That lasted only a month since I didnt really have the time for it. I have 2 kids to make dinner for, help with homework, bathe and put to bed. I felt out of balance. Too much focus on weightloss meant some neglect of motherly duties. My husband is great but it didnt "feel" fair and I felt guilty having him pick up all my slack. Just wanted to encourage you to stick with it one more week.

    Viviana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going to give it a go for a minimum of the rest of the month to give my body a chance to adjust and kind of hope for the best. We'd had a pretty out of control high cal day the weekend before for V-day so I have a feeling half those workouts were to combat that. We did much better this weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, can I understand your feelings of frustration! I stuck to my workout plan like clockwork last week and Sunday's weigh in had me down .4 lbs!! That's a trip to the bathroom! (Sorry, didn't mean to be indelicate.) But it just burns my butt to workout hard and consistently and get nothing for it (or almost nothing). Although one of my co-workers heard me muttering this morning and said "The scale went down didn't it?" Yes, it's better than up. I'll have to be even more vigilant about my food intake this week, see where that gets me. That will be my "Weekly Tweak" for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)