Tuesday, July 22, 2014

This is a test

I'm pretty sure the universe is trying to see how much further it can push me before I break.  I thought I broke already but nope.  It just keeps on a raining poo.  I think I've just made a decision about taking a break in the Fall.  If I don't have something to look forward to, I'm going to seriously just shut down in every way.  Side note to self:  don't answer the phone...nothing good is rarely on the other end.  

The only solace I can take as I wade my way through the current swamp that is my life is that the old me would've friggin' attacked that bar of chocolate we use for trail mix, ordered a pizza, skipped our workout and called it a night.

Instead, I ate like a person not interested in saying "screw it, there's always tomorrow."


Breakfast was a light English muffin, natural peanut butter with 1 tbsp of apple jelly, 4 oz of low sodium cottage cheese, a small banana with 1/2 tbsp nutella and green tea.


Lunch was a tuna fish sandwich with spinach along with the usual freggies and iced tea.


Dinner was lemon pepper pasta with light alfredo sauce and 4 oz of shrimp and tea.

We had two leftover apples from last week so I peeled them and put them in two 6 oz ramekins I bought over the weekend for apple crisp, made an oatmeal crumble with 1 tbsp of light butter each and made that for a snack later.  It wasn't like a piece of apple pie (at least not the kind I like) but it was a comforting dessert without breaking the calorie bank.

Our workout was 300 calories burned with TRX.  It was our first strength in over a week so it whipped us pretty good.

These days, I'm taking whatever victories I can scrounge.

When life is a giant swirlie, do you stick with your routine or say "screw it, there's always tomorrow"?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )


8 comments:

  1. That was a big victory and it shows our continued dedication even if we haven't achieved as much success lately. The whole idea about "success along the weigh" for me is the fact that we have continued to trudge along instead of just giving up even though the scale doesn't always go the way we want it to and that is success no matter which way you slice it. I really do hope things turn around cause I don't want to see you under any more stress. You know I am here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I'm just glad my/our knee jerk reaction isn't to throw away a whole day's effort because of outside interference. It's how we lived a decent portion of our life together and it wasn't good for us. I'm just jealous of my Saturday self right now, the rest is gonna suck to get there. I also agree about the whole idea behind the blog. It's not gonna be all weight loss/related, all the time because we actually have a life too. I've cut other blogs from my reading list because every day was like reading the same crap, different day. Beh.

      Delete
  2. I do some of both. I guess it depends on my current mindset and how much sleep I've had. Some days I feel like I can handle anything and I do, other days a hangnail has me throwing in the towel.

    I'm sorry yesterday was a poop day for you. I hope today is better than yesterday even if "better" just means a little less poop.

    I'm off to a class. Woohoo. Sometimes these are great, more often they are mediocre to poor - but we'll see. I've been advised to "wear layers and some people find the building cool". Yep - gonna be 90+ outside and I'll be in long sleeves and a jacket. Something is seriously wrong in a world that people air condition colder in the summer than than they would allow their homes/businesses to be in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep...ahh, just the word makes me want to do it.

      Thanks, I suppose I should invest in waders just in case.

      I hope your class is a great one. Nothing makes the day go by slower than mind numbing rambling teachers that don't stick to the syllabus and get you 3 hours behind. Let's just hope it's the thinner skinned people that complained and it's not parka weather inside! :-)

      Delete
  3. Ohhh man I've been on both sides of the fence. Way to go for stickin to it. Your lunch is a great picture of how filling veg--er-freggies (lol) can be. It looks like a HUGE lunch but its pretty much six calories (kidding) and still very filling and energizing. Great strategy to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's just under 300 calories for all the fruits and veggies on my plate/in mah bowl! :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my friend, life is a big cluster-fudge right now, so I hear you. I wake up with very little hope every day, so I understand how each step feels like you're in concrete emotionally. I've done very well with my eating and exercise plan during all this time and it doesn't escape me that my feeling are extremely raw right now precisely because I'm NOT turning to food. So this is the deep trench crap, but I have to believe that I'll come out of it better for it (God I hope that's true). Sticking to my routine is a healthy response for me that keeps me sane. If I go back to old patterns (which are always just a spoonful away) then I know I'll circle the drain. I've relapsed before and it's taken me weeks to come out of it, so keeping that one part of my life going in a healthy direction is a lifeline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you're sticking with your routine and good eating habits as well. I've always heard when everything is out of control to focus on the things you DO have control over. So that's what I try to do! Hang in there!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)