Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 10: Candy Cane Oreo Truffles

I know what you're thinking... "another truffle recipe!?"  It's the last one, I promise.  I went truffle crazy this year because of a few reasons.  1)  They're the perfect bite.  2)  They're easy to make.  3)  They're less calories than bars of the same ilk.  (I said ilk)  4)  I have truffle fever and I'm not sure I want the cure.  These babies are wonderful and give you that sink in your chair feeling if you're a mint fan.




 I am definitely a mint fan and I was looking for a reason use the peppermint Jet Puffed mini marshmallows I picked up in June of all times of year yet I can't find them now.  Weird.  But feel free to use one cute small peppermint marshmallow (the soft kind) that seem to be in abundance right now.  Let's get to 'em.

Candy Cane Oreo Truffles
(Makes 15)


1 package Candy Cane Oreos
2 tbsp unsweetened Almond Breeze Milk
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (you'll have 2 oz left if you tap off the excess)
Paraffin wax
3 mini candy canes, crushed
20 Jet Puffed Peppermint Mini Marshmallows

Hello lovelies!



Put your Oreos in a food processor or blender and pulse until it resembles dirt.


Add the milk and pulse until the mixture starts to bind.


Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out your truffle.


Ball them up.


Insert toothpicks in the middle of each truffle and put them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.


In a double boiler, add your chocolate chips and few shavings of paraffin wax.


Ready your toppings.


Give the chocolate one last stir to make sure there's no lumps.


Dip the truffle in the chocolate up to the toothpick.


Insert into a styrofoam block.


Top with your candy cane pieces and/or marshmallows.


Like so.


Repeat and put in the fridge to set up.


When they're set, twist and pull out the toothpick.  Mine left a particularly heinous hole to fix.


Dab the chocolate in the hole to cover.


Christmas cheer in a truffle.


Nutritional Information per truffle:  Calories 126  Total Fat 5g  Sat Fat 2g  Sodium 85mg  Potassium 32mg  Total Carbs 22g  Sugars 15g  Protein 1g  Iron 5%

This recipe was linked up with Crazy for Crust.
====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )

17 comments:

  1. Another treat that you just cannot go wrong with. Sometimes you want that minty goodness and this packs that minty goodness punch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely packs a mint punch. I've got a box of TJ's candy cane joe joe's down there. Might just make a batch for company!

      Delete
  2. OMG woman, you're killing me with this stuff! Now, I have to make these too = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame! People will love them and think you're awesome. Double win!

      Delete
  3. You're always so organized with your truffle making. I just dip them, plop them on a sheet of wax paper, and toss on the toppings. I'm such a slob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good lord... chocolate mint is one of my favorite things, and I LOVE Oreos. This is definitely getting pinned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to try making truffles like this. I think the main reason I've never attempted it is because I know as soon as I get a box of cookies in the house, it's going to be gone in a matter of hours thanks to the husband. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Those are some of my favorite Oreos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)