Wednesday, October 5, 2016

On the water

It's Wednesday...hump day-uh!!!!

It's been a kind of emotionally draining 7-10 days and when that happens, I need a bit of a soul recharge in the form of water therapy.  Last night I knew it would probably be my only chance for paddling this week so I asked the Mr if he was down and he was.

He wasn't the only one.  The crew team was also practicing.


Apparently a bunch of sailboats from a marina were out and about as well.


Doesn't this look like an idyllic scene?


I won't tell you I was thinking "how much longer to shore?  I have to piss like a racehorse."  Oops, I guess I just did.

Thankfully when I was making lunch, I decided to brown up the turkey so I'd just have to heat and broil for dinner.


Ground turkey tostadas with black beans, corn and pepper jack.  Yum!

I've got a busy work day ahead of me today so I'm glad I took a little me/us time last night.

How do you recharge your soul when you need it?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

2 comments:

  1. It was the perfect day to paddle and now we have a stake in October as well so that's a good thing. We'll take it when we can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks just beautiful! So very peaceful, and I love seeing those sailboats. =o)

    I love my drives in the country for a soul recharge. And when I can't do that, I visualize the North Woods and the sounds and smells of the forest and that helps alleviate stress too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)