Saturday, October 6, 2012

Welp - Weigh In

The scale giveth and the scale taketh away.   Up a pound.  (Where's a middle finger emoticon when you need it?)

I was going to say no real rhyme or reason for it but if I think back over the week I know my water consumption was down, I skipped chia seeds a few days where I was faithful to them in past weeks and even though some things fit perfectly into our calories, maybe we should've said no.  Last weeks high cal day also went out of control at the last minute (and so not worth it) and we'd hoped the kick butt workouts we did were going to be enough.  The scale says no. Pfft.

This week is a culinary one of birthday celebrations so suffice it to say I won't be seeing the 70's again anytime soon.  :-(  BUT I'll get back there hopefully by the end of the month because the following weekend is the Mr's b-day bash and I'm not going to the trouble of making everything without having a taste of it all.  All the time in between will be carefully planned and I will drown myself in water.

So that's that and now it's time to get on with it.  Hope the scale was nicer to you!

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. Prefer social media? I'm also on Facebook and Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Mine wasn't either despite less calories and more exercise. Go figure. Onward we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your attitude. I'm struggling right now, frustrated and discouraged. But then I try to remember this journey I'm on is for the rest of my life. If I don't lose the weight this month, there's next month and next year when I'll still be working on it. I'm definitely a work in progress....today, tomorrow, forever. And I'm okay with that I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman, not only am I thankful you write a blog- I think you should write a book. I am reading one at the moment and they keep saying 'even if you go slightly off your plan remember it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound so probably no worries you'll gain' and I think bs,bs,bs. No one works harder at this than you do. When I begin to wonder if it's really worth it I look at photos of you or read your blog again and think 'well damn just LOOK at her! It must be worth it.' Keep sharing- you have no idea how much it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scale, why do you have to be such a fickle lover? Enjoy this week, sounds like a lot of work and a lot of fun!! Hope it is an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you've got lots of living coming up this week, enjoy! (It sounds like you're taking the weight gain in stride and continuing your forward momentum, good for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think chia seeds help with the weight loss? Hm, I should start eating those more often. I'm sorry you gained, but I'm sure after this week of treats is over with, you'll be back to losing again! We're going to the State Fair this weekend, so I'm sure I won't want to look at the scale next week either. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)