Friday, October 26, 2012

Ready for the weekend!

It has been a cuh-raaaay-zee week!  I'm relieved to have a weekend where I have nothing planned so I can recharge my batteries.  I've got 2 weeks before Christmas activities/gatherings begin and I'll be knee deep in holiday cheer.  We're supposed to get a wicked cold snap and I'm all for it!  85 degrees at the end of October is unnatural if you don't live in the south or California.

I think I'm going to test a new recipe today.  If it works out, I'll be bringing it to you next week.  If it doesn't, you'll never hear about it.  I keed...you'll hear about it eventually.  Like you'll hear about the big fat fail I had the other day as I begin to prepare for the 12 Days of Treats for this year!  That's right y'all, I'll be whippin' up another batch of goodies to pass along for your cookie swaps/exchanges, holiday gatherings, office parties or for your husband to toss at you in desperation when PMS kicks in.  I'm very excited!  I'm also thinking of jumping into yeasted items which is highly intimidating and I'm skeered.  I've gotta just do it and stop being a wuss.

We went out to a family dinner last night and I ordered cedar plank tilapia and holy moly did they ruin it with a TON of salty seasoning.  It was barely edible.  My rings won't move so today I'll be drowning myself in water praying you won't have to tie me down like a Macy's balloon.  I don't get why restaurants think that to make a dish flavorful it means putting so much salt on it that all moisture is pulled out and it could double as a salt lick.  I could've hung it from a tree and attracted deer.  On the upside, I got to spend more time with family and they all at one point or another told me what a great time they had at the Mr's party or how they liked this or that.  THAT is what makes all of the time and yes, frustration (stupid cake balls) worth the effort because you have a time people remember and appreciate.

I wish I had a snazzy picture for you to draw you in and make my post all interesting but I'm pooped.  Wait, let me make one...


Thanks so much for reading!  You have no idea what your coming here every day (or when you can) means to me!  The fact that people actually give a poo about anything I might have to say still boggles my mind especially with my propensity for run on sentences and overuse of ellipsis marks.  I can't thank you enough for being the awesome people you are because without you there would just be me...sitting here...talking to myself...and that can only last so long.  (Or until I begin to comment on my own posts telling me how witty and fabulous I am.)

Happy Aloha Friday!

What's on tap for this weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. Prefer social media? I'm also on Facebook and Twitter

21 comments:

  1. You make me giggle. Thank you!

    cheezchik32

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally witty and fabulous = ) Thanks for the tip on the switch for the maple cookies, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! You're welcome! That should work. Someone else said there are maple cookies at Safeway, I don't know if you have one close to you or not or you could also try World Market since they carry all kinds of wonderful treats!

      Delete
  3. I've seen them at Family Dollar too by the way - but they don't always have them.

    As to this weekend - no real grown-up plans. Little guy has a sleepover. I have a suspicion that what actually happened was that I got conned into babysitting but since the little guy is over the moon that his friend is spending the night I can't even be upset about it. We're also doing pumpkins this weekend so that'll be fun. Maybe we'll make that part of the sleepover activities but it's usually a family time activity and I'm not sure I'm willing to give that up.

    Plus my usual "run around like a crazy person setting up for next week" activities for Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm grateful for you and your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm grateful for you and your humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is very easy to read, and entertaining! Thank you for writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday to you too! I can't wait for the weekend. I don't have any big plans but I want to do some cooking and cleaning. My Mom is coming to visit soon so I have to get ready for that. Good luck with your new recipe and the yeast! I tried it once with close supervision. I think once you get the hang of it you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot! Woot! For cold weather. I am right in the landing zone for Sandy so will be blowing around and washing away...potentially. Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made me laugh with the comment about throwing treats at PMSing women. My husband needs to do that. hehe. I am looking forward to the treats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one ellipsis fan to another...I thank you for bringing to light all the wonder...and yes, beauty...that can be found in using ellipsis. :-)

    So excited for the 12 treats! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you kidding??? You are awesome; my day would NOT be the same if I didn't find you in my mailbox. Love your wit and sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thank YOU for having an awesome blog. I can't wait for your 12 days of treats. It has a lot to live up to after the Halloween treats!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I give a poo about your blog! :) This weekend I'll be getting out the vote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blog (even though I am a new-ish reader)!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're supposed to get snow flurries on Tuesday. I am SO EXCITED. I haven't seen snow on Halloween since I lived in northern Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too am gonna relax this weekend after that wild and crazy one I had last week. Just. do. nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bwahahaaahaaa!!! This post made me laugh! You shouldn't freak out of yeasty things...okay, well *making* yeasty things that is. Ugh...and cake balls can be such a frickin' insanely infuriating process. Why oh why do we subject ourselves to such things???

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would be pretty hilarious to comment on your own blogs to yourself. You're funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)