Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Frosty Hats

This one is so easy and so yummy that people will think you worked on them all day but you don't have to tell them you didn't.



You'll need some kind of round cookie.  (I used candy cane Joe Joe's)  Full size marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Three ingredients!  (Four if you use sprinkles)

I made a batch of buckeyes when a friend came over to visit and when I make them, I always have some dipping chocolate left over.  So I squirrel it away in the freezer for the occasion that I may need it.  This is one of them.



Warm up the chocolate until melted and smooth.  Grab a cookie and dunk it in the chocolate to coat and place it "wet" side up so it'll act as your glue.


(If you don't want to dip the cookies, you could certainly cheat and buy fudge covered Oreos.  I won't tell!  Just know the chocolates likely won't match up)

Grab a marshmallow and dunk it in covering the whole thing.



Set it on top of the cookie and drizzle a little chocolate on top to fill in any white that may be showing.



If you want to get all crafty, grab some snowflake sprinkles and make a little headband or shake on some sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.



BOOM!

Done!

You just have to put them in the fridge to set for 10 minutes or so then set them out on a plate for all to enjoy!



The Mr doesn't even care for marshmallows and he LOVED these!

Approximate calories per hat is 150-175 depending on how much chocolate you use.  Dark chocolate looks and tastes best.

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )

11 comments:

  1. Another yummy treat that you fooled me into thinking took a lot of work to make. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh. The thing that took the longest was putting the snowflake band on with tweezers for some flair but you certainly don't need them. I might make them for Christmas Day with the kids but I'm not committing to them in case I feel like I've cooked/baked/prepped enough by then! LOL

      Delete
  2. So very cool! This is something I could totally do with my son. He would love the decorating part especially. You always inspire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super kid friendly recipe! (It's so easy, I feel weird even calling it one!) I was just glad I could get rid of the extra box of cookies! :-)

      Delete
  3. LOVE these! Super cute and simple! They look SO yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I'm definitely going to make more before the season ends!

      Delete
  4. So THAT'S what those candy cane Joe Joe's were for. These are super cute and -- I agree with you -- deceivingly simple to make. My engagement party has a Great Gatsby theme, and while top hats may not be art deco, I think this would make a wonderful accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the PERFECT accompaniment for your engagement party and what a fun theme! Congrats!

      Delete
  5. These are just darling!! So simple, yet so cute! Thanks so much for sharing--I'll be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)