Thursday, December 19, 2013

Snickerdoodle Truffles

I thought I'd give y'all a break from chocolate today.

Just today.

I was grabbing some ingredients for another recipe and I saw this box of mini Nilla wafers that I bought for an accent to a game day recipe.  I literally used 14 of them and had almost a full box on hand and knew I was probably going to end up throwing them out.  Uh no...I'm not having it especially when the Mr's co-workers are whining about no treats from me this year.  So I turned potential trash into easy peasy treasure.




Here's what you'll need:

A box of Nilla Wafers (mini or otherwise)
2 tsp cinnamon (divided)
1/4 cup Almond or other shelf stable milk
1/4 cup (or less) sugar  (granulated or sparking)


Add your wafers to a food processor or blender.


Add 1 tsp of cinnamon.


Pulse until they are crumbs.


Add 1/4 cup of almond milk to the crumbs.


Give 'em a whirl until the dough pulls from the sides.


Check the consistency by squishing it in your hand to make sure it sticks together and won't crumble apart when rolled.


Ready your cinnamon sugar by putting the sugar and remaining cinnamon in a bowl and stirring until combined.


Grab a small cookie scoop to keep portions in control.


Squish the dough in your hand, bringing out the moisture in the dough, and roll it into a ball.


Plop them into the cinnamon sugar to coat and repeat.


Serve on a pretty plate and watch them disappear!  Little bites of classic cookie heaven in a truffle!




Nutritional Info:  Calories 89  Fat 3g  Sat Fat 1g  Poly Fat 1g  Mono Fat 1g  Chol 3mg  Sodium 66mg  Potassium  19mg  Total Carbs 15g  Sugars 9g  Protein 1g

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )

14 comments:

  1. My coworkers are going to love these! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we both thought they were pretty dang good! The vanilla that's already in there and then the addition of cinnamon. Boo-ya! Delish!

      Delete
  2. These definitely look great! Super easy too - my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my motto this year...super easy. I was lazy, I'm paying for it but it's forcing me to come up with things that are quick to do with things holidays bakers may already have on hand.

      Delete
  3. they look so good and so easy to make...will make these one of these days for work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy peasy baby! Good thing is you can make 'em any time of year. I suggest giving some to your boss when a review is coming up or when you're about to hit someone up for a favor! :-)

      Delete
  4. These look so tasty and easy! I love snicker doodles, but sometimes I just don't have the time to make them. These look very doable, and I love that they use up a box of something left over. As usual, ALL of your treats this year look delicious...I've been pinning, pinning, pinning! Thanks for sharing 😊
    P.S. I think of you and my Grammy every time I see my gumdrop tree. Did you put yours out this year? (And I mean that as a huge compliment - not saying you're old! All good memories...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was glad I didn't have to throw out the box of almost full cookies and they're already gone at the Mr's work which might be a record. Thanks so much for pinning! Glad you like them!

      Yes, I have the gumdrop tree up and it was taken as a compliment! ;) It's on the armoire where everyone can see it. I did redo the makeshift base they gave me with a little fancy paper, clear glitter and washi tape.

      Delete
  5. I've been kind of feeling guilty that I'll have no time for holiday baking this year, but these are totally doable! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're totally doable! Box o' cookie + almond milk = truffles in any flavor! :-)

      Delete
  6. Another gem! I notice I'm usually the last one to respond on your blogs because I don't get to log on at home until about 6pm. You just wait until a I have a day off missy (or Mrs) I'm going to be on the top of the list! =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mama! I know and I do try to make it back over here to respond when I'm not having a brain fart. When you comment earlier, I'm always like "ahh, she has some time off!" :-)

      Delete
  7. I've got a couple bags of Biscoff cookies in my pantry and was wondering how they would taste prepared this way. My guess? Delicious. I'm gonna try it cause I don't need those cookies sitting around tempting me after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah babe. I grind up Biscoff's to make pie crust and truffles. You can also add the crumbs to peanut butter for some crunch, a topping for a sundae, etc.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)