Friday, June 27, 2014

Witless and what I'm reading this week

I was up way too late getting these links together for y'all so excuse the lack of witty banter that should go here and let's get right to...



Learn the Right Order for Grilling the Perfect Vegetables  (So I shouldn't grill onions and raw potatoes at the same time?)

10 More Obscure References in Classic Rock Songs—Explained!  (Interesting info to put some of those odd lines to bed.)

Vintage Home: 11 Money- and Time-Saving Homekeeping Tips  (Get on it)

The 25 Best Foods For Weight Loss   (I need all the help I can get)

This Graphic Explains All the Health Hazards of Sitting for Too Long  (Okay, maybe I need to rethink this.  That graphic is scary)

Remember to Budget for Move-In Expenses when Buying a Home  (Good to know!)

31 Household Cleaners You Already Own  (Savin' Washingtons, yo!)

How to Make a Ladder Wardrobe  (Cool idea if you're short on space)

Why Your Time of the Month Causes Digestive Distress   (Curse you Aunt Flo!)

Working on Your Relationship? Give Movie Therapy a Try!  (I wholeheartedly agree!)

17 Signs You’re A Lapsed Catholic  (About half of these)

Compare Before You Wear: The Most Popular Fitness Trackers   (Anyone use any of these?  Thoughts?)

38 Things Only People Who Work From Home Will Understand  (A good deal of these)

15 Signs You’re Definitely Not Fit To Be A Mom  (Where is "hissing when you hear a child speak, laugh and especially scream?")

HBO 1983 Intro (Courtesy of the Mr.  I remember this to a TEE.  This either meant you were on vacation and found that awesome movie you wanted to stay up to watch after flipping through the HBO guide on the nightstand or you were at a rich friend's house who had HBO.)

I am ready for the weekend!  I think the side table I've been working on for like almost 2 weeks is almost ready for prime time tomorrow!  It has been a learning process and I hope it makes doing the rest of the furniture much easier to tackle.  I might poo myself when it comes time to do the dining table, which is why I'm doing it last.  La la laaaaa....I don't hear that...la la laaaaa.

What's on everyone's agenda for the weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

11 comments:

  1. I look forward to having some furniture again but I am glad you've methodically taken your time and since I am lucky enough to get a sneak peak at all of it I can tell everyone that it is looking great! Now I'm off to work and to read some links!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the weather has hindered a lot of that. The rain and humidity makes for super slow drying times. I'd love to have been done with it in 2 days. Erg!

      Delete
  2. This is just to see if my comment will post. The last two days I've posted and it's gone "poof".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I posted Thursday and then on Friday and both went poof. So I posted that last as a test, and of course the one that makes me look like a flaming lunatic is the one that successfully posts. Go figure.

      Delete
  3. I have the fitbit zip. I like it, it counts my steps and calories burned and at the end of the week it gives me a report of what I have done for the week. At the end of the year it gives me a report of what kind of animal I was and where I traveled to. Fun, easy, stick inside the bra so it never falls off. Does not measure my sleep though, but I know I don't sleep for crap due to excessive stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got the old FitBit that we'll use if we're going out on a walk but we don't have any new fangled gadgets. I don't know that we're in the market for one but I always like to hear other people's experiences with them so when we are, I can refer back. I think my animal report would probably be "sloth" given the amount of butt time during the day.

      Delete
  4. I hear that HBO song ever summer here in DC. We have a lot of outdoor movie events and the Screen on the Green at the National Mall always starts with the HBO intro and everyone gets up and does this silly dance. It's a tradition. They do it in New York too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weekend started out crappy with my trip to Wisconsin being ruined by the hubs. I just wanted one day for me--one--and he was in a pissy mood so there went that. Took the scenic route there (about an hour drive) and he drove 70 mph the whole time (so much for scenic) then didn't want to wander around in the different cute shops even though he did when we first got there. Nope, changed his mind. I even told him to sit outside or in the car, but no, he didn't want to do that either. So I got to go to 3 stores and that was it before I just gave up and went home. He was happy as a clam then wanting to chat about this and that. I sat with my head turned so he couldn't see the tears of rage going down my face. I so wish I would have just done this trip by myself. My vacation week was very hectic and stressful with a lot of appointments for me and for mom and I just wanted one day out of town to have fun and not have to think about anything. But no. It's all I can do to not scream at the top of my lungs, but I know the words that would come out of my mouth would be brutal and permanent and in the end would cause me more harm. So the rest of the weekend will be me doing house stuff and that's it. I'm done planning things and actually looking forward to them--I get screwed too often with that and end up disappointed. The good thing about being so upset is I have absolutely no problem packing up a bunch of crap and giving it to Salvation Army--his stuff included. I'll be on a roll this weekend and perhaps when one goes to reach for some clean undies and socks and realizes the drawers look a mite thin, he'll get the point. "Oh, were you looking forward to wearing those comfy boxers? I'm sorry, but they are on their way to Indonesia to be turned into a hair tie." Hmphf! Sorry for the rant--tried to infuse a lil' humor there at the end. =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweetie, how I wish I lived close to you so I could 1) give you a big hug and 2) tell the hubs to stay home and *I* would go shopping with you! I'm a sucker for cute stores. I'd say after that little sabotage, he's owed a few of his things to come up "misplaced." I hope you're able to salvage some part of this weekend for yourself and do something for YOU, with or without him. (((HUGS)))

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)