Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Back to Nature Stoneground Wheat Crackers

I grew up on your typical crackers.  When it was time for a cheeseball or cheese and cracker platter for gatherings, Ritz were the only crackers that were acceptable in my circles.  Crackers were never something I kept in the house and still don't.   But one night a few months ago, The Mr and I decided that a charcuterie plate might be in order.  I wanted to get some classier crackers, or at least ones that were a little more on the natural scale.  I found these in our organic section of the grocery store.

That charcuterie plate never materialized but one day when I was having tuna fish, I knew I could put these crackers to the test.


Here's a peep at the nutritional info.


Just look at all of that hearty goodness in these babies.


They certainly don't disintegrate as you eat them.  They have a little heft to them and they're not light as air and unsatisfying in the long run like our old standbys.  They're perfect if you want a little hard cheese like parmesan or asiago on top or maybe a little natural peanut butter as a snack.

If you're looking for a portable lunch or an after strength training snack, they are sturdy enough to be able to scoop your tuna fish without fear of breakage!


While I can count on one hand how many times I indulge in crackers per year, I will definitely reach for these from now on when the mood strikes.  I will even do the holiday cheeseball with half of these for those of us wanting a little more substance to our crackers and half the other kind to keep familial peace!

What are your favorite crackers?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try these with tunafish as well. Looks yummy and I think they will be great with the family cheeseball... But you're right, there will be some timid people at first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep the basic saltines on hand for crumbling over chili and recipes that call for cracker crumbs (even though I mostly use oatmeal in those recipes now). I like triscuits and wheat thins but don't keep them on hand because if they're here I'll eat them. I do have some wheat ones similar to (but a different brand)the ones in your picture in the cupboard, and I like those pretty well too but they're a safer option because I'm not as likely to graze on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely going to give these a try! I know I've seen them at the store - just can't remember which one. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)