Friday, June 15, 2012

Food Journal Friday 6/10-15th

It is weird I am super excited from picking 3 decent sized green peppers from our "Big Bertha" green pepper plant? 


Sadly I threw away just as many that never got big and started kind of rotting from the inside out.  I would like to get at least 10 this season so I can make it even out from buying at the grocery store.  Now...what to make with them.  The Mr will likely use one for his salad.  Maybe I can do a stir fry with them and I have a dinner I'm making with a friend Monday so I might use them in the rainbow salad I'm making.

In bummer news, we think our neighbor is coming home from vacay tonight.  We only assume this because we hear the "Almira Gulch" theme playing from the Wizard of Oz.  It has been peaceful...we'll miss that.

But that's not why you stopped by...let's eat.



Sunday was rather simple.  Trader Joe's pacific crab stuffed flounder with grilled asparagus.  (Why do I always want to write assparagus there?)  Calories: 447


Monday, I can't remember what we did but I remember I wasn't in the mood to cook something elaborate like the fish tacos I had planned so we went with salmon burger with teriyaki glaze and a 6 oz potato made into fries.  Calories:  371

Tuesday is where you should picture a meal of wood fired tilapia and asparagus (both requested with no butter), a side salad with 1/2 tbsp of French dressing (dipped my fork in it) and 1 cheddar garlic biscuit with a big ol glass of water.  I was somehow able to come in decent even though we ate out.  Calories: 570


Wednesday was pesto chicken with tofu noodles with a side of brussels sprouts and bacon.  Le' yum.  Calories:  370


Thursday, while it basically looks like a big blob of brown on a plate, it was actually coconut shrimp (with 1 tbsp of cocktail sauce) and 1 serving of basmati brown rice with 2 tbsp of Trader Ming's General Tsao's sauce mixed in.  Yes, it's a weird combo...we both liked it.  Calories:  615


Tonight was fish tacos (using cod instead of mahi) and grilled asparagus.  (Yes, I typed it again)  Calories:  434.

Notice something?  I had fish every friggin' day except for one.  *Checks for gills*  I'm not complaining but I didn't plan it that way either.  Weird.  Nothing against the fish but the chicken was my favorite meal!

What was the favorite thing you ate this week?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

5 comments:

  1. It all looks so yummy! I should make fish tacos one night. I have some frozen cod, but wasn't sure what to do with it. I must have missed it, but what's up with the neighbors? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toss the cooked fish with 2 tbsp of Kraft chipotle mayo (for 2 people) and maybe some fresh herbs and you're good to go!

    You didn't miss anything, the neighbor is just not someone you want to live beside. (Attached living sucks when you have neighbors who walk like they're pulling a beer wagon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you neighbor's vacation can't be longer.

    I can't really remember what we ate most nights, so I guess I can't choose a favorite from my uninspiredness (is that even a word?).

    I'm thinking tonight may be a DIY pizza night. That's always fun, but then again it's going to be like 900 degrees today so I don't really want to run the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for peppers! I don't know what's up with mine--I'm hoping they'll do something soon.

    Did you make those fries on the grill? I want to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did them on the indoor grill pan but I've done them on the grill grill. Either way, they're delish!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)