Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Thai Chicken Tea Sandwiches

Some of you may remember my recipe for Maple Sriracha Chicken Satay.  Well, I thought that would be an awesome tea sandwich so I decided to do a little tweaking and make a new staple in my afternoon tea repertoire.  


Here's what you'll need:

8 oz Trader Joe's chicken breast tenderloins
3 tbsp Trader Joe's low sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Real Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp Smoky Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
1/4 cup scallions, diced
1 tsp curry spice
10 slices Nickels 35 Calorie Wheat Bread


Boil the chicken until cooked thoroughly.  (Feel free to remove any grody chunks o' fat from the batch.  I did after I took this picture)


While the chicken is cooking, gather your ingredients for the sauce.


In a bowl, add your broth, Tabasco sauce and peanut butter and microwave for 30 seconds.


Give it a stir and heat in 15 second intervals, stirring until it's smooth.


Add the scallions and combine.


Add the maple syrup and stir.


When the chicken is done, shred it.


Add your curry spice to the chicken.


Give it a toss to combine.


Time to add the sauce and give it all a stir.


Ready for action.


Cut off the crusts of your bread and using a small cookie scoop, scoop some of the chicken onto the bread.


Spread it edge to edge.


Top with the other slice of bread and cut the sandwich in half for your tea sandwich triangles.


You can make the chicken the day before as the flavor intensifies the longer it has to marinate.

Nutritional info is per two triangles for a total of 5 servings.


The nutrition data provided with each recipe are estimates and cannot be guaranteed. It should not be used in the treatment of medical conditions and you assume all risk should you choose to prepare the recipe.  

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

2 comments:

  1. Holy moly that looks good. I think I am going to have to surprise Justin with this meal - he and I love Thai flavors in our meals (especially anything with peanuts and curry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that I'll ever do an afternoon tea, but this sounds really good for just a meal too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)