Friday, May 25, 2012

Food Journal Friday 5/20-25

Food Journal Fridays are back!  It's been too long and trust me, you don't want to see the stuff I ate the previous two weeks on vacation.  HA!  

Let's eat!

Sunday's dinner was to make up for 2 crappy steaks I had on Maui.  I was so looking forward to this one restaurant's teriyaki sirloin with pineapple onion salsa but they killed it so bad after butterflying it that I sent it back.  Ugh.  So I got a filet mignon at Trader Joe's and grilled it a bit then finished it off in the oven with onions and pineapple and steamed some brussels sprouts.  Calories:  577


Monday was a twist on our naan bbq pizza and they were done in whole wheat pockets instead.  A couple ounces of chicken, bbq sauce, marble cheese and 2 tbsp of edamame hummus then toasted with steamed brussels sprouts.  Calories:  541


Tuesday was mahi mahi fish tacos.  Since I forgot to grab broccoli slaw at TJ's, I used some onion and spinach for roughage.  Side dish was 2 tbsp of edamame hummus and a pita pocket cut and baked into chips.  Calories:  531


Wednesday was sauteed then baked swordfish with roasted asparagus.  Calories:  310


Thursday I needed an all veggie side break and we had crab stuffed flounder on a bed of spinach and carrot polenta.  Calories:  610


Tonight was a bbq chicken breast quesadilla on a high fiber tortilla with onion, chipotle hummus and marble cheese and a side of roasted asparagus.  Calories:  401

So I'd say the first week back from vacation was successful.  Calories averaged 2195 for the week and I burned 4650 calories in formal exercise.  My water has been on point at about a gallon a day which is way better than I was doing in the months before we left.  I need to keep that up fo' sho'.

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week back! Lots of fresh veggies and fish. Good for you! Mmm crab-stuffed flounder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No better way to start the week than with a steak like that and with that awesome quesadilla we just enjoyed! It was all wonderful and good for us and I thank you for a great week back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I think I would like just about anything that starts off as crab stuffed. Looks like a super meal plan. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really yummy. Puts my dinners this week to shame.

    Edamame hummus? Did you make that or buy it pre-made? I have a frozen bag a edamame in my freezer that needs to be used up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never fails to amaze me that you put a gourmet meal on the table every single night! One need never feel deprived or on a 'diet' eating like this!

    BTW, I like my fish tacos on corn tortillas with cabbage...ever tried that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)