Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Independence Day


I love this postcard because it reminds me of the coastline along Montauk Lighthouse that was commissioned by George Washington.  I hope you're taking the time today to enjoy the freedoms our service men and women have fought for and continue to fight for today.

I didn't keep my promise to have a relaxing weekend, by 7:30 am Saturday morning, I was out painting the garage door.  We had the paint left over and I figured I'd beat the association to the punch and I was done by 9 am.  Sunday we headed to every home improvement store in the land and bought fence paint for the INSIDE of the patio (what we see) and some stuff to make craftsman style headers for our doors for some interest on the cheap.  I guess we've neglected so many projects for so long that once you get into that mode, you just kind of see what you can do with what you've got left (paint or primer) to make some impact.  Who knows if the header thing will look right or not but even if it doesn't work on the doors, I want to do it over the windows.  (After we decide if we're going to replace one or two this year or wait until next year depending on the price.)  By some miracle, we got the fence primed and painted.  That was my workout because I did it from 10:30 am until 6:30 pm with a stop for lunch and I was jacked from arse to toes.  Actually, as I type I have ice packs on both feet whilst letting the ibuprofen take hold and the Mr is up taking a hot bath for his part in the shenanigans.

Oy.

Yeah...back to 4th of July.

If you're grilling out, you can make it healthier with some great grilled veggies yummy kebobs with lean meats and fruit salad or angel food cake with sliced strawberries and blueberries can make a delicious patriotic dessert!  (Though I think we're sticking with popsicles because after yesterday, mama's LAZY!)

We're taking today to celebrate, recoup, and relax!

Happy 4th of July all!

Do you go see fireworks for the holiday?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

1 comment:

  1. Love this postcard! You guys have earned a relaxing day of just chillin' and healing those muscles!

    We don't go to the fireworks because we stay home with the dogs. The one they do here in town is the largest in IL so thousands of people come every year and it is spectacular. What's cool is they stream in on one of the local stations with the music that's timed with it so we turn off the lights and get to watch it all from our living room. Back before the trees grew so tall in the backyard we used to be able to sit on the deck and watch the ones from one town over.

    Have an awesome 4th of July guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)