Monday, September 25, 2017

How'd that happen?

(Source)
Seriously Saturday??  What gives.

I realize that we had to go to lunch and a cafe for a gift card..
... and Hobby Lobby
...and Kohls
...and Famous Footwear
...and Payless Shoes
...and a basically abandoned mall
...and DSW
...and Hallmark
...and Pier One Imports
...and Trader Joe's
...and Target
...and grab dinner.

But really, how was it suddenly 8 hours later than when we left the house???  Oy.

I was conked out on the couch by 10 something and woke up at 12:45am with the worst migraine I've had in a while.  It took an hour just to get to sleep as the pain laughed at my migraine meds.  Couldn't sleep past 7am but am still so friggin' tired I could barely function.  Too much to do, no time.  I'll apparently sleep when I'm dead.

Lots of crap to get done Sunday too between work, the last of the grocery shopping, a workout and more work.  Unfortunately we had some returns that needed tending to.  The Kohls purchase from the day before was made without a coupon so he ran up there while I unloaded and put away the groceries and cut cantaloupe.  Then as I was putting away strawberries, I somehow missed 3 moldy ones so I had to send him back with those.  I figured since we had to workout and he still was going to cut my veggies for the week, I should throw him a bone.  I made the lemon pepper light alfredo he requested whilst topping it with some scallops and last week's broccoli that needed used up.



I'm looking to get a ton of stuff done this week because we have a full weekend coming up and I don't want to have a to do list swirling in my head when I should be focusing on having a good time.

A big shout out to my friend Jeff who ran the Berlin Marathon Sunday!  So proud of him!

What did y'all do this weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

5 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, the weekend flew by. Saturday especially. Hobby Lobby especially seems to have some kind of a time warp going on. You enter at 1 and by the time you realize it, it's 3. Oh well, back to the grind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a busy weekend indeed! Mine was grocery shopping early on Saturday, mowing the lawn in that horrendous heat, dogs for a drive in the country, Farm & Fleet on Sunday, another quick trip to the grocery store, wrapping a baby present, and writing out a baby card and sympathy card which took some time to figure out just what to say. Oh yeah, and some laundry, and going out for an early dinner last night for the hub's birthday. Hubs gave one of the pooches a much-needed bath, for which I was very thankful. Was up early for the garbage and recycling that needed to get out before therapy and a doctor's appointment, so I'm a bit petered out now, especially with this dang heat! Still have one more loado of laundry to do (not including the dog blankets and beds...peeyou)and have to wrap the hubs gifts tonight after he goes to bed. But ANW is over with so I don't have that excuse of sitting in front of the tube for 2 hours. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pasta looks amazing! Please share. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pasta is from Trader Joe's- their lemon pepper pasta. Then I use 1 cup of light alfredo sauce. I steamed the broccoli with some garlic powder in the microwave for 3 minutes and kind of put the pasta on top so the alfredo would flavor it a bit too. The scallops were patted dry then seared in a medium heat skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil seasoned with a sprinkle of Old Bay (not much), pinch of smoked salt and fresh pepper. Delish!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)