Wednesday, January 16, 2013
I know it's all for the best and I see improvements, I'm just beyond impatient on week five. Massage, foam rolling, spiky balls, tennis balls, strengthening exercises and trying not to wince when my foot goes into a charlie horse every other step is who I am right now. I did a massive stretch session last night after my workout including this IT band stretch. My legs were a little twitchy afterward so I broke out the ultrasound to calm things down. This has been an exercise in patience and persistence more than anything. Despite being down, I am not out and I am trying to kick butt even if it's not at previous levels.
I thought it might be beneficial for me to see in writing the improvements I see from say, 2 weeks ago.
1) I can actually lay my feet in any position on the mattress when I sleep instead of flipping around 50x hoping sleep will come.
2) In the past week I am actually able to sit with my feet on the floor in the car without feeling immense pressure and discomfort.
3) I increased my walk time from 1 hour per day before my feet gave out the weekend before last to 2 1/2 hours in a normal "shopping" day on Sunday.
4) The ankle on the left doesn't constantly feel like I've whacked it against a wall and am dealing with day 2 pain.
5) I can stand in the kitchen to make my lunch and not feel like I'm going to drop after 20 minutes. I can do about 60-80 minutes on my feet throughout the day between making meals, dishes, going up and down stairs.
I am sure there will be more strides as I go forward and I'm very thankful for the ones made thus far. I'm just very ready to move on to the next phase in healing. Oh yeah, I got my bill from the quack podiatrist and I would love to know what "surgery" she supposedly performed on me and what orthotics she is trying to charge me for when I never got orthotics from her. I knew this was going to happen. So this is where the yin (the calm, level headed Mr) takes over for the yang (the "wanting to call and bust a verbal cap in the podiatrist's office staffs ear" Me) and gets this taken care of.
What improvements are you making this week? What improvements need to be made?
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )