Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pop a squat

Yesterday was a nice, successful day one for doing my 10 squats at the top of the hour.  I will admit, I got behind about midday because I was in a zone working (which paid off later with a Zazzle "Today's Best Pick"...go moi!)  So there was one point where I had to make up 30 in a row but that's okay with me as long as I got the 100 in.  Honestly, it helped alot with the lower back pain I'm having from my bed.  (Dang thing is like 2 years old and already giving me back problems no matter how many times I rotate it or whatnot.  Boo!)  I've got 20 under my belt so far this morning and again it's helping with the lower back pain so I'm gonna stick with it.  I know it doesn't sound like much but if you figure that if someone asked you to give them 100 squats, you'd groan just a little on the inside.  By breaking it up it feels like "is that all you got?"  Who knows, I might sneak a couple extra in here and there. 

Looking forward to chicken tacos tonight.  I'm a big cheese person but I love that I don't even need cheese on these, it tastes like it's already there!  It's the creamy texture of the hummus that makes it feel like it's there.  I sub spinach for lettuce and still add the onion.  So I'll have to whip out my handy dandy onion goggles (yes, they really work!  I was skeptical too!) and cut those up later.  Maybe I'll keep half raw and carmelize the other half if I'm feeling ambitious.  So perhaps y'all will have a new recipe to look forward to tomorrow!  (Of course I pretty much just gave you the recipe.  D'oh!)

Have a great one everybody!

====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yum! Never heard of onion goggles but I will be investigating them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness that sounds tasty! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese. Seriously it is my favorite food group in the world, ok not that it is a food group but it should be. I'm interested to hear about how the recipe turns out, oh and it in general so I can make it myself :)

    Good job on the squats! It sure adds up doesn't it. Glad it is helping with the back pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! Squat, baby, squat!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)