Friday, May 27, 2011

ABCDEFood

I saw this at A Merry Life and swiped it since it's Friday and I haven't nothing Earth shattering to say!  hee hee

A is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?
Pink Lady (or Golden Delicious if Pinks aren't in season)

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
Hawaiian Sweet Bread or Asiago Bread

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!) Currently-
I'm crushing on Cinnamon Cheerios big time right now but only eat it once or twice a week.  (Today!  Woot!)

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
Chocolate Long Johns baby with CREAM filling, not that custard crap.

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
Scrambled.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
My fat free apple dip.

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Trader Joe's and Target.

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Hot tea or if it's winter, hot chocolate.

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Dark Chocolate.



J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
I LOVE apple jam or jelly

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Not a Kashi fan.

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
Tuna fish in lettuce leaves, veggies, apple, fruit salad, apple bar.  (Man I'm predictable.  I may need to switch that up a bit)

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
Microwave meals are gross and sodium laden.  But I do have to microwave the Quinoa Duo from Trader Joe's but it's a side dish.  A yummy, yummy side dish.

N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Carbs.  I LOVE fruit salad!

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Olive oil but I rarely use oils.

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
Lean meats, beans or nuts.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
With a hit of pumpkin pie spice.

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Corn IN the husk baby.

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
A big ol tuna fish sandwich with pea shoots and 2 Claussen dill pickle slices.  Drool!

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
I give myself permission to eat whatever as long as I drink water only and get in plenty of exercise to help offset and right back to business the day after we get home.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
A treat I don't get very often...cottage cheese with A1 steaksauce on top.  It's loaded with sodium though so I rarely eat it.  Don't knock it til ya try it!

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
Chewable.

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Nay.

X: is for XRAY.   If we x-rayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
None because I haven't eaten yet!

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Lots of crap but mmm! :-)
Little Debbie Oatmeal Pies or Swiss Cake Rolls, Pizza Rolls, Crunchberries, Geno's Pizza, Lil Hugs (those little plastic barrels full of  "juice"), Jiffy Blueberry Muffins, american cheese and miracle whip sandwich (man I haven't had one of those in YEARS!), Marquez burritos and Magic Fries ('memba those?  Microwave fries in the little boxes)  Good Lord no wonder I was fat!  LOL  Proof that growing up in the age of the convenience food had it's consequences!

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
I think I've done it in the occasional stir fry and it's part of my quinoa duo from TJ's.

YOUR TURN.
Pick the last letter in your first name and tell me the answer in the comments! :) 

====================
Don't want to miss another post? Make sure you subscribe!

10 comments:

  1. Y - I can't believe ANYONE else has eaten a miracle whip and american cheese sandwich! I lived on those when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A - Any kind of apple will do that's crisp. I do not do mushy apples! I can't stand when an apple falls apart in your mouth and is all soddy (is that even a word?) I like fresh, crisp, sweet or tart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A - Honey Crisp apples are my fave! Seriously delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow we have a lot in common food wise. (well other wise too but you know what I'm saying)

    Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
    Kraft Macaroni and Cheese or in my house as it was known 'cheese noodles'. They also remind me of my friend that passed because I used to make it when we lived together and she liked to eat it cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
    Over easy (very easy), I like a runny yolk! I like to dunk things in the yolk - bread, turkey sausage, turkey bacon, whatever. Hard to do that with an egg substitute, oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edited my post :)

    R...peppers

    Honestly, I only got to "D" before I jumped down here to comment...I'm sure I'll enjoy the rest of the blog and probably want to comment on it, but I'm laughing so hard I have to comment now...Chocolate Long John with filling...I agree up to that point. The CUSTARD kind not that cream crap-lol!!! For as long as I've know about custard filling I've turned my nose up at the cream-lol! Luv this post...so much fun...might have to steal for tomorrow :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. E - eggs scrambled or omeleted (is that a word?)

    I gotta second the cream not custard filling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?

    I'm a certified Level 1-A carb whore. I think that answers that question. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted my list and linked to you :-) Mine is P: Chicken (yeah, bad about knowing protein or not)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)