Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Food Review: Enlightened Ice Cream Bars

I've been hearing about Enlightened Ice Cream a lot lately but was unable to find it.  Finally, I passed by the frozen section in the grocery store and saw the ice cream bars.  


People were saying that it was better than Halo Top and thems fightin' words!  We decided on Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl because chocolate is the easiest to screw up when you're trying to do the healthy thing.


Let's take a peek at the nutritional info...


Here's their schpiel...


Here's a comp of what the real thing looks like compared to the box.  You can judge for yourself on that one.


So how did it taste?


Have you ever eaten PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter?  This is like eating that in cold bar form.  If you're wondering if that's a good thing, not necessarily because PB2 is more like an add-in for smoothies and stuff but it's not super tasty on its own.   As far as the chocolate, I didn't taste a hint of it at all.  I took one bite and then gave the Mr a bite and unfortunately we both had the same thought on where they were going to go...


I wanted to love them but nope.  I like that they have a good source of protein and wouldn't steer people away from them.  I might give the mint ones a try because it's really hard to mess up mint but hoped they'd do chocolate justice but that didn't happen.  If you find them on sale, consider giving them a try.  Just because we didn't like them doesn't mean you won't especially given how many people have declared their love for them so we're obviously in the minority.

Have you tried any Enlightened ice cream and if so, did you like it?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

4 comments:

  1. What a letdown. It seemed so promising but just doesn't taste good and that's the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these. I haven't seen this brand or Halo in my local stores. It doesn't look all that appetizing, and powdered peanut butter doesn't sound like the best flavor for ice cream. I'll probably pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could tell just by looking at the comp that they probably were nothing like they promised - because that looks NOTHING like the one on the box. I haven't tried them and probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of them. They did not look appealing at all with the pictures you took of the real thing and if the taste is like that, blech. I'm out. =o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)