Monday, June 12, 2017

Weekend recap

Happy Monday all!  Hope you had a great weekend.  It was, I believe the term is, "swamp @ss hot" in our neck of the woods and it's only just begun.  101 days until Fall.  Not like that means anything these days anymore.  Sigh.  I need to move to the northern tip of Canada.

Saturday we went to a small barn sale to see if there was anything worth drooling over.


While they had some cute things, there was nothing that caught my eye other than the arch window thingy on the bottom but I'd need two and they only had two different sizes so that shot that in the butt.  Probably for the better.  But we stopped by a nearby place that would be a new paddle spot for us so we just have to figure out when we can go that isn't totally gross hot and get on it.

Speaking of which, got our first paddle of the season in last Thursday...

Catchin' some shade


We stopped by a friend's shop to drop off some antiques that I was hoarding from my Etsy days because I need the storage.  Thankfully they weren't in so I didn't have to play the refusing to take money for the items game.  I know they can sell them, I'm not out tons of dough so it's all good.   They were my favorite items too so I'm glad they'll go to new homes.  It all became a big bummer dealing with petty crap from people and then I had two instances of broken items where I had to deal with insurance despite packing better than anyone has ever packed anything in the history of packing. Pfft.

Sunday was a lazy morning followed by a late brunch.

It was already stinkin' hot by noon and thankfully our umbrella out back shaded me while I planted our monsterra and vincas in the big pot and later we grabbed a palm from the nursery up the street, so I think I'm finally done with flowers.  I know I'm done with this weather.  I think we need to hide out in Martha's Vineyard where their weather is bouncing between upper 70's and upper 60's this week.  I just need a shack and our paddleboards and we can paddle during the week, hibernate on the weekends and that sounds like a good summer to me. Hmm...let me check the bank account and run it by the Mr.

Bank account laughed at me...so did the Mr.

Then it was laundry, workin' out and dinner before it was over.  The Mr proposes we have a 4 day work week and 3 day weekend.  Technically, he can do that but it would require working 6:30-4:30 pm and while it sounds good in theory, it might not be so fun when you're in the throes of it.

What did you get into this weekend?  Plant any flowers this year?


====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

8 comments:

  1. Great weekend but gone too soon like always. I really do think we should all get 3 day weekends all the time, but then I'd probably want 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday I had some friends over and yesterday we had a kids' bday party. So not a lot, but it still felt like I was busy somehow. I've been on summer break technically for 2 weeks, but I've been at the school almost every day of that for one reason or another. I'm finally done with all that (I think, I hope) so I'm officially on break and I'm so ready.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't do a whole lot this weekend. I had a very long to-do list, but lacked the motivation to accomplish all but the mandatory stuff.

    I have planted flowers this year. I have flower boxes under my windows at the front of my house and one on the side that I fill every year with annuals. I got flower happy when I went shopping so I ended up planting more flowers in the yard and in some other boxes/planters that I had around the house. I'll also plant a small vegetable garden in the back yard in boxes. I've got those starting in the house now and will hope to transfer them to outside this weekend coming. I tend to kill most things that I try to go, so I try to start out with lots and allow for some to die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys found another place to paddle. That'll make for some good variety as the summer goes on. And yes, it is hot hot hot! I was up at 6am putting in some mulch around my flowers and by 6:15am, I was completely drenched in sweat. And that was in the shade! I'll send you a pic -- it turned out pretty nice. It's quiet possible there will be no need to mow the lawn this week if the temps stay as they are the humidity doesn't get too high.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely lack a green thumb. Or maybe the actual motivation to maintain a pretty garden, but I do have some beautiful lilac bushes that were decimated by an ugly rain storm. So I got to enjoy my fragrant blooms for a week, and then poof. Gone. Maybe next year I will plant some pretty flowers so when my lilacs are gone I will still have some colors to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's funny. I'm in the throws of the 4/10 work week. And while my friends drool, I spend the week trying to get it all done just to have Friday off. I usually save the easy stuff to work from home 4 hours Friday to get it all in. Tax season is over, why am I still here after 6pm?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are wondering what type of boat you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's this inflatable kayak: http://amzn.to/2rsYCYy

      I LOVE it. Because we don't have a ton of room having an inflatable kayak and paddleboard allows us to still partake without taking up room we don't have.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)