Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Food Review: Enlightened Frozen Hot Cocoa Bars

You may remember my first experience with Enlightened bars was not the greatest.  I pretty much chalked it up to a product I wouldn't likely get again and didn't give it much thought.  Then I was contacted by the president of the company who said the bars looked like maybe they'd been damaged and she wanted me to have the opportunity to try them again along with their new crisps.  She was so nice in her email and I was glad to have the opportunity to give them another shot risk-free.

Well, I'm all for second chances but even free wouldn't keep me from giving my honest opinion.  She suggested their Frozen Hot Cocoa and given hot cocoa is our Sunday night tradition, that sounded right up our alley!

Here's the box:



A peek at the nutritional info:


Seven grams of protein and five grams of fiber? Yes, please!  I'm thinking occasional post workout snack.  You know, for recovery purposes.

The back of the box:



Here's the comp of actual product compared to the box:



I got a little nervous but I know that everything doesn't always look exactly as pictured...I mean have you seen fast food burgers vs. real life?

I gave it the 2 minutes suggested to thaw a bit.



So how does it taste?



Holy hell balls!  Oops, sorry- I should be a little more professional but yeah...leaps and bounds better than our first experience.  It had a creamy texture and if marshmallow is your favorite part of your hot cocoa experience, it has it in spades!  I believe the Mr's exact words were "this is damn good" as his eyes glazed over and he happily crunched on the little bits of chocolate.  Cold chocolate in ice cream gets a huge thumbs up from him anytime.  I'm usually not a fan but this wasn't rock hard chocolate that you couldn't taste.  It was slightly softer and full of flavor.  The cocoa flavor really did taste like hot chocolate!   (Even when you forgot you left the box out on the counter and an hour later discovers them, throw them in the freezer and pray for a miracle!)

(Still ate it.  Still delicious!)


We both agreed we would definitely get this flavor again and given the already humid summer we've been experiencing, I'm sure they'll make their way into our freezer soon.  But first, we want to try the Salted Caramel (review coming soon!) or Mint Chocolate Chip before getting this flavor a second time.  But it might just become our summertime Sunday night tradition when 90 degrees and hot cocoa doesn't sound like fun.  And I'm just gonna say this, in my own humble opinion...better than Halo Top.

Many thanks to Enlightened for hooking us up and believing in your product enough to think we needed to give it another look.  I'm so glad we did and you guys know me, despite trying this item complimentary, I don't blow sunshine let that sway me at all.  It gets four thumbs up from the Mr and I and I highly recommend if you see this flavor in the store, you give it a go!

What's your favorite flavor ice cream bar?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

3 comments:

  1. I am glad she gave us the chance to try these. They are so tasty and I don't feel guilty having one even though they taste like you're really going overboard on calories. Can't wait to try more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ones with the heath bar topping. Or drumsticks. Ice cream isn't a huge temptation for me though. I buy it for the kiddo, but rarely get into it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... my very favorite as a kid was the Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake. I also really like Creamsicles, and I don't know if ice cream trucks still carry these or not, but the Mickey Mouse ice cream was awesome -- always ate the ears first. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)