Friday, December 2, 2016

My Favorites from 12 Days of Christmas Treats Past

Some of you were asking about a few recipes for baking season from the archives so I thought I'd get those in one place for you.  If you're not interested, no reading links this week so I'll see ya Monday!




Egg Nog Cookies  (These babies are always a favorite when someone tries them.  I'm not even an egg nog fan but these things are awesome!)

Ornament Truffles  (One of my post it ideas come to life.  I'll be honest, they are a longer process but SO worth it and people FLIP over these...myself included!)

Snowballs (aka Wedding Cookies)  (While not *my* favorite, they are my most requested for those people I bake for and the Mr. so I had to include them!)

Seven Layer Truffles  (I didn't care for these bars as a kid but I love these truffles!  The perfect bite and one of my most pinned treats!)

Maple Buckeyes  (Peanut butter and chocolate.  *mic drop*)

Gingersnap Truffles  (I can't even...these things are so good and such a great traditional gingerbread taste in a non-traditional package.  Delish!)

Grasshopper Fudge  (Do you like Thin Mint cookies?  Do you like the easiest fudge you'll ever make...for real?  You'll LOVE this recipe!)

ChocoRolo Cookies  (These are absolute heaven.  If rolos aren't your thing, sub some peanut butter chips, those Nestle stuffed chips or whatever you like.  The chocolate cookie is amazing!)

Frosty Hats  (Adults and kids SCARF these!  Use with or without peppermint cookies but the peppermint is always a nice surprise.  No one has thrown one away yet...matter of fact, they usually edge back toward the plate for another!)

Chocolate Dipped Shortbread  (A simple, traditional shortbread that flies off of the platter in seconds)

I hope you pick a couple to try this holiday season if you haven't already!  Many are regulars for our family, friends and work potlucks!

What are your favorite treats to make this time of year?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

5 comments:

  1. Thank you. These are awesome. My old favorites (choco rolo and egg nog) and some I've wanted to try but haven't (I'm looking at you maple buckeyes).

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars, I could lick the screen! =o) Sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. American treats I love: snicker doodles. American treats which are a mystery: egg nog. And that''s your foreigner input for the day :-) As always, love the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these - I can't wait to try making some of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...