Saturday, December 24, 2016

Happiest of Christmas Eve's to you all!

Since I know many of you are off spending time with your families, friends and the like, I know you may not be checking in here on a weekend, especially Christmas weekend.  But I would be remiss if I didn't spread my favorite bit of holiday cheer from the mouth of Francis X. Cross.


The line that always chokes me up early on is "For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be."  Why is that?  Why is it so much easier to let someone in during traffic even though the place we have to go means more to us that day than the mundane places we go but don't let people in when we just want to be first?  Why is it easier to cut the old guy driving 30 in a 45 a break that day instead of every day?    Why are we more likely to wave to someone we may pass every day in our neighborhood on that day than 363 or 364 days out of the year or wish them goodwill only that one or two days as though they somehow mean more?

Let's try to follow the renewed spirit of Frank Cross in Scrooged (or any Christmas Carol adaptation) and treat our fellow man better any day of the year, not just the holidays.

God bless us...everyone.

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and the Mr.. I hope you are having a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all about it. Thank you for being a bright light in an online world that can get crazy and sad on a daily basis. You are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)