Thursday, July 28, 2016
Goin' Deep to...
It's Thursday...the day I've been dreading since last Thursday when my new massage therapist informed me that this week she would go deep tissue on me. Uh, so all of that pain and bruising wasn't from deep tissue massage?? FML.
Oh, I didn't tell you about that, did I? Well, I really like her. She's chatty, funny and seems to really enjoy her job. We were gabbing away as she was working on my right leg (not the problem leg but has problems of it's own) and then she moved on to the left leg. When someone stops in the middle of a conversation, gets quiet and then says "oh my God" under her breath, you know it's bad. It was confirmed when she said "this is bad." Yep. Something tells me I'm going to be a comparison story for both the doc and the massage lady because they both do everything but pose for a selfie beside the massive volcano of flesh that is the demon knot in my calf.
I went to the chiro Monday and he recoiled slightly at how bad my bruise was from my massage but I've been diligently dry brushing and kneading it with my shiatsu massager to reduce it so it should be totally cleared up today just in time for her to bust a vein for this week. The difference is I reminded the doc that he wanted to laser me the day after my next massage so I'll go back to laser the pain away tomorrow morning.
My morning routine to get out of bed now takes like 15-20 minutes.
1) Determine how spasm-y and tight my legs are.
2) Bargain with God for 3-10 minutes.
3) Roll arches and tendon attachment on the bottom of the foot with super hard spiky massage ball.
4) Roll arches over hard tennis ball until tendons snap into place.
5) Dry brush from the ankles up the legs with natural bristle brush to get the blood circulating to trouble spots. (Really helped heal the bruise!)
6) Use jade slab to dig into arches and bicep tendon if I slept on it wrong.
7) Walk and listen to ankles crack on the way to the bathroom.
It makes me feel so young. It makes me feel like there are songs to be sung! I believe the song is "When I'm 44?" Oh...when I'm 64! Got it. Even if I feel 25 years older.
I'm trying to be patient. I told him the bottom of my foot throbbed over the weekend, the spot that was the original problem child. We could actually FEEL the tendons click as he released them on my calf. He was like "oh...I saw that one!" I said "I felt that one!" He was nice but was kind of like "yeah, so if something feels remotely off, don't assume you're going through an adjustment period, get in here and let's laser it and head it off at the pass." Sigh...I don't think I could barely get out of bed due to the depression at that time but I bet if I knew this crap was waiting on me I would've! Live and learn, dope.
So around 9am EDT, pray for me. :-)
What's your get out of bed routine?
* This post contains affiliate links to items that help me function daily.
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )