Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Food Review: Trader Joe's Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Butter & Sage

After seeing this in the freezer section for quite a while, I decided to finally throw it in the cart the other day.  Last night was time to give it a try.



Here's the blurry nutritional info.



and the cooking instructions.


I decided to go saucepan route since I thought the microwave might make it mushy.  Here it is fresh outta da bag.


I added 3 tbsp of water total and here's how it came together.


The finished product.


I made it with BBQ shrimp and green beans.



The verdict?

Holy schnikes!!  It was absolutely wonderful!  It had a nice subtle flavor and totally filling.  I don't know that I'd really say I could identify it as sweet potato though but that doesn't matter.  The Mr agreed we should get it again.  I would suggest pairing it with something like shrimp with a punch of flavor because of how subtle the dish is on it's own.

Linked up with French Country Cottage

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

3 comments:

  1. Definitely good stuff! I always like the way you do shrimp but I honestly had no idea what to expect with the gnocchi and it was a huge surprise just how good it was. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like gnocchi, I had no idea they had a sweet potato version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too funny you reviewed this today!
    I have a bag of this in my freezer and I was planning to try it (finally) tonight!

    The other gnocchi they have is pretty good too. the red sauce one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)