Monday, June 13, 2016

Scenes from the weekend

Ugh, where did the weekend go?

We started Saturday by going to the farmers market.  Even at 9:20am, there were wall to wall people, many of which have not heard of deodorant.  All I could think of was "last time I was at a farmers market..."

Kona Farmers Market

You start to take for granted how cheap they sell the 'exotic' fruit for in Hawaii and then when you come back here...ugh, twice the price.  Nothing looked particularly "must have" but we did get a loaf of sourdough bread, spinach, green leaf lettuce, broccoli and I thought something else but it's escaping me right now.

We went to World Market where I was praying they had in their Hawaiian display because I wanted to pick up some Lilikoi jelly from Hawaiian Sun.  The whole reason I didn't ship any back is because I knew they would have it.  Well, it's nowhere to be found.  The woman said she didn't know if it was pushed back (maybe til after Father's Day?) or if they aren't doing it this year.  Sigh.  Seriously?  I've been hard pressed to find passion fruit anywhere to make my own too so I'm not a happy camper.  While there, we passed a display and the Mr pointed out some burlapy looking outdoor curtains with outdoor rod.  I just said the night before how I was irritated at the gaps between our fence slats and if the weirdo  neighbors decide to do more with that prefab fence slab, than lean it against ours, that means that wench will be out there with the nosey neighbor committee holding meetings.  Well given we caught our other neighbor peeping through the slats a few years ago (we put up an outdoor blind to promptly shut that down), the thought of putting up a curtain to retain some privacy sounded good.  So after perusing Amazon to make sure we were getting a good price and with my 10% Explorer coupon, we got a decent deal and headed back.  Of course the curtains were 96" and I needed 72" so that meant some hemming was going to need done on my part.  Yay?

We installed the rod and I marked the curtains, checked them again when they were pinned and made adjustments before sewing the first panel.  Man those things stink...literally.  Plus after hand sewing on the floor for 90 minutes, my back was toast.  Thankfully the Mr put together a list of 80's videos on YouTube and we watched those all night to make it go faster.

Sunday my legs were seriously hurting and I don't even know why.  The Mr was kind enough to massage them and I returned the favor since his plantar fasciitis has made a comeback and we haven't even paddled yet this season.  He got laundry started while I made brunch.  I wanted to finish that other panel so I got to cutting, pinning and sewing.  We hung them up and really liked the way it looked.



If we want to make sure no one is peeking below, we'll just pull them shut.  I haven't decided whether or not I want to do Velcro on the inside or sew a button on it or something.  We'll see.  Before we knew it, it was almost 3:15 pm.  Nothing like half the day being shot.   :-\   We still needed to go to two grocery stores and workout.  Then it was time for dinner, so I did some chops on the grill, sweet corn and a sweet tater.  It was a nice way to break in the lanai.



I feel like I need another weekend though because I was totally exhausted by the end of the day.

What did you guys do this weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

4 comments:

  1. I love the way the lanai looks now. Great job! That meal was awesome too. Broke Da Mouth! Congrats to the big winner. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe I won! Thank you so much!!! What a fantastic treat. I messaged you my address on FB. Thank you again and have a great day! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the curtains turned out! It looks so beautiful. Congrats to Donna Steely Arnold - what a cool way to start off the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous lanai and the curtains look fabulous! I can picture you two out there relaxing in the evenings as the sun goes down. =o)

    This was a good weekend of getting a few chores done around the house, a meeting, and taking the dogs out to the country. It was only 75 degrees yesterday with a perfect breeze. Truly the best day of the summer months so far. We each had a lawn mower and cut the lawn so with the two of us doing it, it only took 31 minutes. Then I spent another 30 minutes trimming one of the fruit trees with my arms above my head the whole time (they were like rubber by the time I was done) then hauled the branches to the fire pit. Burned a good 386 calories doing that alone. I was pooped after the yard work and after my shower, just chilled the rest of the evening. My feet really hurt last night and this morning after grocery shopping so I need to do some stretches and use some ice on the bottoms of them. It's going to be in the 90's with high humidity this week so I'll be indoors as much as possible. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)