Thursday, August 6, 2015

Pain in the Neck...and Rump

Yesterday I woke up with a horrible pain in the neck headache.  Nothing I did seemed to help it.  I know I had some leftover tension but jeez man!  I knew we had a paddle on tap for our workout and I wanted to do everything I could to feel better by the time we went out.

I wrote down some things I knew I needed to get done this week.  Tonight we need to work on a new video.  I was actually ahead of the game with last week's video but I have copy to write and stuff to look at.  I wrote down a potential grocery list for company in case I feel like cooking so I'm not scrambling to remember stuff last minute.  (But also have a reservation somewhere if I'm just not feeling cooking)  I need to clean the house and all that jazz.

I let the Mr know before he came home that I'd need his magic fingers to try to release the tension in my shoulders.  He did a good job but unfortunately it didn't help much.  I started to make dinner and got really shaky and weak.  I started getting hungry earlier than normal and I just needed to eat asap.  I made ground turkey breast tacos and green beans.  Lots of protein and luckily the weak feeling started going away.  We headed out and got to the lake by 7pm.  It looked like we had it to ourselves for the most part, just a few other trollers out.  We explored a few coves but unfortunately because I was using my paddle muscles, the tension just built back up and the pain started coming back.  Then I started feeling my butt get wet again.  Dammit, one of my water dohickers obviously wasn't closed all the way or something.  I found an abandoned boat ramp and got over to it and then I didn't see water anywhere and the Mr checked all of the potential openings, not really finding anything.  I figured my pants soaked up all the water.  Yeesh.

Thankfully the water was glassy and no winds so the paddle was pretty leisurely.  I just wish I'd been able to enjoy it a little more sans pain.  The Mr got his kicks by catching the eye of truckers on the road and doing the "honk your horn" motion and two obliged.  You should've seen the big old smile on his face.  It was like he was 10 years old.  Sunset came pretty quick and with cloud cover it was getting dark fast.  We got our little lights on and paddled back in solitude as everyone else left.  My stomach felt kind of gross the whole time because I was full and using my abs pretty good to dig in on the way back and then had that moment...

(via)

I just kept telling myself I needed to get to the shore and I could run to the porta potties.  As we're pulling into the boat ramp, some freakazoid with a pontoon boat walks over and gets chatty.  It was pretty obvious we were trying to get our vessels out of the water and to the side but we couldn't do that and not look rude.  I'm sitting there wondering when my sphincter is going to wave the white flag and make the chit sweats kick in.  He said he was waiting on his brother in law and nephew and I just wanted them to hurry up and get there already so he'd shut the hell up.  Now I could've gone and left the Mr there, you say?  Nope.  I don't roll that way.  Because he was also that kind of weird where you knew a Criminal Minds episode could be based on this scenario.  "There WAS no brother in law and nephew" and they find us crammed in the barrels that make a pontoon boat float.  We tag team in weird situations and get the hell out of Dodge asap.  As we got in the car, I informed the Mr as he was casually checking his calorie burn of my situation and he went as fast as legally possible for the 25 minute ride home.  As long as I didn't think about it, I was fine.  Then there came unpacking everything and I was ready to go  ride the porcelain boat.  By that time, despite still having that queasy feeling you get pre-Jeff Daniels moment, it had been too long and wasn't going to happen.

ARRRRRRRRRRRG!!

Sorry, I know that was TMI but oh well.  That's how I roll.  I still got an 1150 calorie burn in so I'm glad for that.  You know the thing that helped me finally kick it?  A square of dark chocolate.  Medicinal!

Got any near disaster poo stories to share?  We're all friends here.

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

8 comments:

  1. It was nice to get a more leisurely paddle in for a change and I did have a blast getting those truckers to honk their horns at me. I did feel like a kid again. It's kind of an interesting thing in that you kind of have a connection with that complete stranger and I have to believe it puts a smile on their faces as well, especially as they spend most of their day driving with no real interaction with people otherwise. Do kids today even do that? I wonder. Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was glad I didn't have to fight current or winds like the last paddle or I don't think my head would've made it in tact. I'm sure they love being able to occasionally blow their horn to make someone happy. I just couldn't help but think you were like Harry in Dumb and Dumber when on the scooter and it almost made him wreck. So the movie tied in in many ways last night!

      Delete
  2. I've got one good "poo" story. It's way TMI, but you asked. I was in the middle of my original, weight loss effort, probably four or more years ago. I routinely walked a route that was approximately 2.5 miles round trip, 1.25 miles from home, then I would turn around and come back home. When I got to the turn-around point, I realized I really needed to go. REALLY.NEEDED.TO.GO! I also knew I was going to really have to hoof it to make it home in time. But running was not an option. Not only am I not much of a runner, but I knew the pounding of my feet on the road would not help the situation AT ALL. I had shorts on that were kind of a dark khaki color. Today I call the color of those shorts, "Shit brown." I'm so happy that was the color of the shorts I was wearing that night, AND that I live out in the country (an acreage subdivision, so not exactly deserted, but not as bad as living in town), and did NOT run into a single human being, because I didn't make it home in time that night. End of story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I'm glad for you that you didn't encounter anyone else either. There is nothing worse than not being able to make it in time. I haven't gotten there yet but I've been dangerously close after eating at a restaurant or two that just rocketed through the system. You could've just dropped trou in a field and pretended it was an animal. My friend had to do that on vacay!

      Delete
  3. Before I changed the way I was eating, that urgent experience was a frequent companion. Nothing makes you feel so vulnerable and desperate when you GOTTA GO! and aren't close to a toilet. Glad you made it home beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, isn't that the WORST!? If we're going walking somewhere or on a road trip, I always try to know where a bathroom is just in case. But you're right, nothing makes you feel more desperate. Nothing worse than sitting in a car, Lamaze breathing through a wave of urgency hoping you make it!

      Delete
  4. Bwahahaha - glad I'm not the only one that has those moments to "fondly" look back on! ;-) Glad you made it, girlie!! The alternative is no bueno...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made it too. I was more panicked in the water when the gurgle hit and I thought "uh, I'm gonna crap my pants right here in the yak." That would've given the creeper an eye full!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)