Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Not a real job, paddle poop out and guilty pleasure

I'm thinking the idea of transferring the Mr's position to another state is sounding better and better.  Lots of irritants yesterday and it was only Monday.  For those who work from home, you understand the frustrations of getting people to grasp that just because you work from home is not an open invite to call you with stupid things that can wait, sit around waiting for a cable repair man or think you have nothing to do so you should be at their beck and call.  I saw a list one time early in my stint that said "Your family and friends think you don’t have a “real” job.  Since you have no company car, key to the executive washroom, or office party you take pictures of, that you must just be unemployed and lying to them."  No truer words were written.  It seems nothing short of moving out of state will quell the masses.

Movin' on.

Last night looked to be the only not really decent but best chance for random rain paddle with our friend.  I tried to see if she had next week available but she wasn't biting.  I felt kind of bad for the Mr because we made these plans two weeks ago and then this crap with the basement and then his work popped up so it's like dump week for him.  I wished for nothing more than for Mother Nature to throw us a bone on this one so we could have a nice paddle.  She threw a bone smack into our foreheads in the form of serious thunderstorms so we had to cancel.  So irritating.  I have to believe our 3rd reschedule next week will be the charm?  (Please)

So we did a nice strength session in the form of circuit training.  I wanted to lift heavy to earn my turkey burger dinnah with a side of these babies.



Then I popped in Hideaway.  There are two people in this world, those who love Jeff Goldblum and those who loathe him.  There doesn't seem to be much of an in between.  We fall in the love camp and Hideaway is a guilty pleasure...it doesn't hurt Jeremy Sisto is in it even though he's such a baby face!

What's your guilty pleasure movie?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

9 comments:

  1. It's pretty sad when you almost have to lie about working some where in order to get the respect you deserve as a self employed person who works from home.

    Wish we could have gone paddling with our friend but it just wasn't in the cards last night. There must be some reason why God wants it to happen next week. Hopefully we get an amazing sunset or something special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. I work from the same principle as when I had a "real" job and if I were on the phone and checking email and FB (personal) all day, I'd be written up or fired. I don't know if that still applies or if businesses just allow you to squander productivity over where Jane checked in for brunch but I don't operate that way.

      I wish we could've as well. Of course it looks like today is going to be the better day, which was the original day. I'm sure she already has plans now. Oh well, maybe it'll be less humid. I hope my soreness from heavy lifting last night subsides by tonight's potential paddle!

      Delete
  2. Any dumb comedy gets me in a better mood...but it has to be really dumb...Monty Python kinda dumb...Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Galaxy Quest, etc. Mmmmm....sweet potato fries.

    I work from home and these is a serious pet peeve of mine. When I first moved to FL and told everyone I worked from home, they all thought I sold Avon or Scentsy. Um. No. I felt like I constantly had to explain what I do. So irritating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, dumb comedies are the shizz. When Clue is on, I must watch it much to the Mr's dismay. Naked Gun is coming up soon.

      It is SO irritating to explain it and they don't understand that if you're self employed, your workday is not just 8-5. It's well into the night or weird hours. Half the time I can't even explain what I do, I just do it or say "Jacqueline of All Trades, Master of None for minimal pay."

      Delete
  3. I wonder if it's different for men? My dad started his own business and starting working from home when I was in grade school and I don't remember that kind of thing being an issue. Or maybe it was and I was just too young to remember. You'd think with the number of people who work from home now society would start to accept that they do have "real" jobs, but there are some who just can't understand keeping regular hours even if the office is in the home.

    I like cheesy movies. I love Army of Darkness and Shaun of the Dead. I also like silly comedies like Down Periscope and one of my favorite all time movies is Better of Dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with the gender thing. Because the Mr has a "real" job but sometimes teleworks, no one questions him but I have a feeling if he freelanced, he still wouldn't be questioned.

      Cheesy movies are the best! Speaking of which, I need to pop Oscar in sometime. I love seeing Sly do a comedy.

      Delete
  4. The sweet potato fries and ketchup look amazing!! Sorry that things aren't exactly cooperating for ya...glad you had a comfort food movie to turn to though! Can't think of my guilty pleasure movies at the moment...I would totally know it if I heard it but my brain is totally fried today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were quite yummy! Oh things are going just about on par with how I figured. LOL

      Delete
  5. Boy I wish I had a guilty pleasure movie but nothing comes to mind. But if I were to come up with anything it would be any of the Disney Classics or any of the Christmas Classics (except I can NEVER find The Little Drummer Boy on tv...pfft).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)