Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Our Chicago Hotel

A few people asked where we stayed when we went to Chicago so I thought I'd give ya a little tour of our room.  We stayed at the Omni Hotel on Michigan Avenue.  We are Select Members (totally free program, sign up for it for free internet and free drinks delivered to you every morning!) so I think because of that they stuck us in one of the newly remodeled rooms.

We got a corner suite that overlooked Michigan Avenue.


Those pillows were SOOOO fluffy.  I was so tired from lack of sleep the night before that after dinner, I totally dove into a pile of pillows and we napped for three hours.

They have blackout blinds which come in handy.  They are on chains on the side windows and the ones behind the bed are push button so you feel fancy pants.


The living area had a nice work desk if you're into that sort of thing.


They had a sleeper sofa with some cool local art on the wall and new light.  I can attest while the couch is a little hard, it doubles nicely as a bed.  Someone snored...a LOT.


A nice mini bar with a 2 mug coffee maker, coffee and tea fixins, a little sink and of course your overpriced snacks just waiting for you to screw up.  Walgreens is 2 blocks away, go there.


The bathroom is nice but that ring of florescent light around the mirror was blinding and unflattering.  Not my favorite addition.  A dimmer or off switch would've been appreciated.


The tinkletorium.


Nice toiletries refilled daily.


One of those uber close up mirrors that make your pores look like potholes.  Do not look directly into it.


Two flat screen TV's for your viewing pleasure, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.


Looking down at my shopping option next door.


If you're celebrating a special occasion, make a note when you book the room.  ;-)


We do love this hotel for its convenient, central location on the Mag Mile.  The only thing I'd warn about is there are several hospitals and a police station close by which mean sirens, sometimes in the middle of the night and sleeping in isn't really on option if you're overlooking Michigan Avenue.  If you stay on the west side, you might fare better.  Also, get the parking included option if you drive in because overnight parking prices are insane.

Lots of great restaurants, attractions within walking distance, grocery stores (Trader Joe's and Whole Foods if ya need 'em) and not too far from the freeway if you want to hit the burbs.

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

3 comments:

  1. Overall it is a great place to stay, but I recommend a good pair of earplugs. Those sirens can go off even at 3 am and have a way of catching you in the middle of a deep sleep which is not pleasant. The view of the city makes it worth it though, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very fancy pants! I think I'd just push the button for the blinds over and over and over. How cool is that! Yeah, sometimes I'm a little kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Such a lovely room! This is the hotel that Oprah's guests would stay at when she had her show. I'm all about the fluffy pillows. The BEST comforter I've ever had was in Germany -- felt like you were sleeping surrounded by a fluffy cloud. And I never got too hot either, which is a miracle in itself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)