Friday, January 9, 2015

Demon bacteria and what I'm reading this week

Oh Friday, how are you here already?   This is one of the rare weeks where I could use a few extra days.  I was really hoping I'd feel way better by now.  I've got 4 more days of anti-biotics on my 10 day affair with Amoxicillan.

But enough about my demon bacteria, let's get to...




14 Genius Double-Duty Organizing Ideas  (I seriously need to get on some of these.  I'm tired of living in the cluttah!)

Not all obese people prone to poor health  (But then I think I saw two days later they said 'healthy' fat people don't last forever so take this with a grain of salt?)

7 Habits of Punctual People   (Yay, I do a lot of these!)

5 Efficient Workouts for a Terrifically Trim Waistline  (Why does 'terrifically trim' feel like a very 80's term?)

19 Science-Backed Reasons to Meditate   (Ommmmmm!)

10 DIY Ways to Amp Up Builder-Grade Basics  (Some pretty good ideas in this one!)

Son sings moving song to cheer up his mom with Alzheimer's  (Arrow through heart)

15 Foods to Help You Sleep   (For the love of God, let me get to sleep before 2am sometime this year!)

18 Easy Slow Cooker Snacks That Will Feed A Crowd  (In case you want to cook something while at work for the National Championship game or are feeling lazy this weekend.  ;-)  )

22 Ways to Prevent the Cold This Year  (I wish I could've prevented whatever this troll is in my sinuses is this year)

Parents Turned Their Kids In for Burglary After Seeing TV Footage  (YAY!  Still hope for the planet!)

Teens are all a Twitter over "newcomer Paul McCartney"  (Aaaaannd hope dies)

One Model Tried On 10 Different Pairs Of Size 16 Jeans And This Is What They Looked Like  (Yep, that about sums it up)

Elvis at 80: 25 Chart Facts You Should Know About the King  (Happy Belated Birthday E!)

30 Things Turning 30 in 2015  (Sigh...put a fork in me)

We've got SOOOO much to do over the next two days and some of that includes deep cleaning the downstairs.  I feel like the Mr and I are passing creeping crud back and forth or something and it feels like sickness is on every surface.  Wanna come over?  HA!

What's on tap for you this weekend?


====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

7 comments:

  1. Demon be gone! Hope you feel better soon. It has been dragging on way too long now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the jeans link. I'm going jeans shopping this weekend, actually. Great reminder that not all designer sizes are equal so no need to trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I care about is I look good in them and that's it. I don't care about the number anymore given how vanity sizing runs so rampant now. Have fun jeans shopping!

      Delete
  3. We are picking up mom to go see my uncle for him to open his Christmas presents while bringing his favorite food... Portillo's. And we'll take down mom's lights outside for her. The poor woman got stranded on the road last night for 3 hours waiting for AAA to come in the snowstorm, after having spent the entire day in downtown Chicago at Rush hospital with appts, one of which was three, count 'em THREE MRI's back to back to back, at 45 minutes each. She had to lay there for three straight hours while they did this on all three sections of her neck and back. And do you know that woman had such a sense of humor about it?! She was frustrated and tired (and starving because she hadn't eaten all day because of the tests), but she said she had a 1/2 tank of gas, good heat in the car, and Mentos to eat and water to drink!! I'm just completely in awe and humbled by her. I begged her to let me come get her, but she said it would take me longer to drive the 60 miles in a snowstorm than it would for the tow truck to come. And she was right. The main road is I-90 and reports had cars and trucks in ditches for miles upon miles. She was on a ramp underneath a street light, so she was plenty visible. The AAA guys took her home too, and she already has her car back today (the tire shredded to pieces and she has no idea why--no potholes, ice chunks, nothing).

    Oh yes, and because of that and some issues going on here at home, I've been up for 38 straight hours. For the first time ever, I went to McDonald's at 5:30 this morning and bought a Jumbo Coke for the caffeine. It worked! I don't drink coffee or caffeine, so my body and brain managed to stay awake and alert as I sat there training on my new job. I'm thinking I'll probably crash in about 35 minutes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!!! Your poor mama! She's really being put through it, isn't she? A Portillo's Maxwell Street Polish sounds good now! I'm sure he'll love it! I'm glad she was okay and given what she's going through, she probably has a better attitude than most in that situation.

      38 hours!?!?! Girl get thee to bed, pronto!! Nighty night!

      Delete
  4. Hope the sickness burns in hell!! Love the size 16 jeans article!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)