Friday, October 3, 2014

The return of scripted TV and what I'm reading this week

Soooo ready for the weekend!  Anyone else with me?  Of course you are.

I'm still loving the new premieres of stuff and the opportunity to give new scripted shows a go!  Can I say we're thrilled with the quality of non-reality TV making a comeback?  We gave Stalker a peep and while it was decent, I don't think we'll be adding it to the DVR.  Subject matter and predictability.  I also didn't care for the emphasis on the dude asking the chick "why do you dress sexy if you don't want people to look at you?" not once but twice.  Skeeved me out and I checked out.  It was the return of Criminal Minds with a new cast addition in Jennifer Love Hewitt.  While I'm partial to Jeanne Tripplehorn, I didn't think she did bad.  I don't know why the internet got their undies in a knot over her.  I am so looking forward to American Horror Story: Freakshow but not the ensuing nightmares.  I'm sad it'll be Jessica Lange's last season.  I'm also sad my cul de sac crew at Cougar Town are filming their final season but I think it's time to end it.  The past two seasons have been a little...reachy.  The Mr will be thrilled he doesn't have to have it on in the background anymore. :-P

But enough of my babbling, let's get to...



Study Links Anxiety Drugs to Alzheimer’s Disease  (I always wondered about this given how many people I know on these meds)

Fat Girl Tinder Date (Social Experiment)  (Perhaps they're put off because she looks like a mutant and not like a REAL fat girl?)

Fat Guy Tinder Date (Social Experiment)   (Interesting especially after watching the other video first but yeah, the 'fat suit' is horrible and I don't know how it could fool anyone with a brain cell floating around)

15 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Real Estate Agent  (Good questions to ask!)

30 Ways to Spice Up Snoozy Oatmeal  (I'm all for jazzin' up da oats!)

Budweiser Releases Tearjerker Video with Dog to Prevent Drinking and Driving  (Good on 'em.  Everyone should see this.  Oh yeah and for those bashing it saying what kind of dog owner leaves his dog home overnight?  Would you prefer he drive home drunk and kill others if he's physically unable to call a cab because he's passed out and NEVER make it home to the dog?  Good Lord, people will find any way they can to crap all over something with a positive message!)

Weights Before Cardio?  (Interesting findings but I will probably always be a cardio before weights girl)

45 Healthy Foods to Make and Never Buy Again  (Some I don't mind making, others if I can get the least processed version, I'll usually go for it)

15 Offbeat Holidays You Can Celebrate in October  (Because we always need things to celebrate, right?)

How to Organize Your Fridge to Keep Food Fresher, Longer (and Cut Your Energy Bill)  (Great tips!)

Will 2 Workouts a Day Help Me Lose Weight Faster?   (Ugh, MORE working out?)

15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High'  (Aloha Mr Hand)

Power walker loses 150 pounds  (In case you need a success story to peep)

DIY Decor Projects That Will Make You Proud   (I <3 easy DIY!)

11 Golden Girls References Explained for Younger Viewers  (Hell even older viewers like my crochety self!  I didn't know some of the people they were referring to!)

How Stress Messes With Your Workout  (Take note, yo)

Confessions of a B&B owner:  We Hate Your Kids  (This one officially put the nail in our thought of ever doing a rental)

If This Video Doesn't Convince You To Put Down Your Phone, Nothing Will  (Love x10,000!!!)

Jeff Goldblum in campy GE Commercial  (I love this kooky bastard!  "Too moist")


It's supposed to be nice and cool/borderline cold this weekend and I'm so ready to bust out my touristy Traverse City hoodie, some fuzzy socks and the like.  Is it too early for Christmas music?  TOO BAD!  I'm already listening to it!

*Dances gleefully around the house in my reindeer pajamas**

We've got much to do this weekend and a heads up, while I'll still be posting regularly over the next few weeks, comments back may be hit and miss so don't worry, I ain't mad-atcha, just trying to spin many plates in the air.  Heck I don't even know if anyone checks back here except one or two of ya's to see if I say anything back.

So how about you?  What's on your weekend agenda?  You got some proverbial plates spinning as well?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

18 comments:

  1. I loved the explanation of Golden Girls references! I used to watch the show with my grandma and sometimes catch it on tv now. It always brings back such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I had to share it! I even had an episode on while making breakfast. The one where Blanche thinks the dude at the health club is interested in her and turns out he only takes her out because he misses his mom. "Waiter...86 the salad and bring me the orange duck."

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to dig into these links. I feel like a zombie this morning so hopefully these keep my mind stimulated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would supposed getting awakened at 1:30am and working for 3 hours would do it. How ironic it happened the day you were taken off the on call list. >:-(

      Delete
  3. Sweet I love these posts! You are well read--thanks for sharing! Have a fuuun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I like a lil bit o' everything!

      You too!

      Delete
  4. Oh believe me, yours is the first email I like to read every morning! I'll have to start responding more so you know I'm here. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, so glad to hear it!! I love hearing from my online family! Have a good one too!

      Delete
  5. Wow, I guess I am really old - I knew every one of the Golden Girls references!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom always gets excited about the fall TV season, telling me shows are worth watching. We gave up on our DVR though, so I end up waiting until series hit Netflix/Amazon or DVD and then just watching an entire season at once (while on the elliptical or treadmill). No waiting for commercials, between weeks or seasons.

    Speaking of the culd-de-sac crew though ... I waited and waited and waited and season 4 never showed up on DVD, or with our streaming (I could have purchased it, but didn't want the expense). I did managed to watch it via PlayOn. Sorry to hear it's the final season, I did enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird season 4 didn't come out on DVD! I love Ellie and will miss her extreme snark. Some of the things she says the Mr will look at me and point. I promise I'm not always as mean as she is though. LOL

      Delete
  7. Was on my way to my moms when she called that she's not doing well and going back to bed😕 so I have to improvise. Got a hair cut and took a walk. Kindof don't know what to do with tomorrow. It's real hot here.

    Love the fall decor. I'd like to get all autumn like, maybe tomorrow I can decorate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hope your mom feels better soon! Well, now tomorrow is open for you, I'd say fall decorating is at your whim!

      Delete
  8. I love Golden Girls, it's one of those show that may be dated but is always worth watching. It's too bad more shows aren't that quality now.

    This weekend - I may actually get most of a weekend. We had today off of school so I went in anyway and put in a full day so I'll only have a little bit to do this weekend. Tomorrow we're heading out of town to go on a "ghost walk" a museum pus on. It should be fun. Otherwise, not a lot planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always watch GG even if I've seen it 1000x (which I think I have.) You're right, not a lot of shows with the same quality today. I miss that.

      YAY!! So glad you get a weekend this time around. You deserve it!

      Delete
  9. I just came back from the dentist and was driving with snowflakes coming down!! It was 80+ degrees last weekend and today's high is 42. I'm going to head out to a clothing store that I have a couple of gift cards for and see what I can find for fall. Then it's indoors for me to do laundry and watch Notre Dame this afternoon. Last weekend was busy, so it's nice to have a laid back couple of days. My back went out this week so I've been struggling with shooting pains, but after a miserable night I actually think the dental chair helped! I'll have to be careful with what I do around the house, but I'll still be able to get the basics down. Have a super duper weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a horrible hail storm here this morning and on and off through the early afternoon. Hope you find some good stuff for fall! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)