Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Movin', groovin' and what not

How is it the last day of September?  Man, time flies!

Yesterday my hips were givin' me the business about our 3+ mile walk Sunday.  If you'd ever told me we'd walk a 5K route like as a Sunday stroll, I would've told you no friggin' way.   I'm so grateful.  I could've used the case of the creaks as an excuse to not get my rump off the couch and do the 1 mile walk I was going to do in the morning but I didn't.  I popped in my Leslie and got to walkin'.  My weight loss is staller than stalled and me sitting on my ass working from home doesn't help.  So I've made the commitment to myself to get in a little extra movement.  I don't know if it'll work or not as I have the best of intentions on that front sometimes and then the alert that pops up gets dismissed or snoozed on like all day.  So, wish me luck!

It was strength day so we did Fitness Blender's Fat Blasting Total Body Strength workout.  It doesn't look too bad when you preview it but when you're going through it, you make up some new naughty words.  

It was a protein packed day with some leftover roasted turkey breast and then a nice juicy steak for dinner.


Then it was time to run the Mr's car back to the closest dealership...again.  I cannot tell you how ticked I am that between both of our cars, we've basically taken a car in once a month in the year we've had them.  His more than mine.  I swear lemon laws need to be revised.  We will never get that brand of car again.  I don't know how you go from being a completely satisfied customer 10 years ago to one who will swear off your company forever.  Irritating.

We settled in for our favorite night of TV between The Voice and Sleepy Hollow.  While we haven't been overly impressed with the singers this year, I'm loving Gwen and Pharrell on there.  This is my dream line up and I hope they never change it.  I know they will...just let me have my dream.  When Sleepy Hollow comes on, we light the faux candles, flip off the lights and transport ourselves to Tarrytown.  So far they seem to be keeping up with expectations and we're happy with what we're seeing.  I know it's important to the writers that the Mr and I approve, so you know, we do what we can.  ;-)

We've got our eye doctor appointments this morning so we'll look like we're on narcotics when we're done.  The Mr took the day off and we're going to get some errands done that we put off over the weekend.  They say these will be the last of the hotter days before a cold front comes in over the weekend and spirits away the summer.  Good riddance.  I can't enjoy my hot cider as much when I'm engaging in flop sweat.

Speaking of flop sweat, it's big cardio day!  Not sure if we'll have a date with Chalene and Turbo Fire, Billy and old school Tae Bo or Tony on mute with Power 90 but it'd better burn some buttah!

What do your current workouts look like?  Are you ready for cooler weather?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

8 comments:

  1. Where did September go? But I love October too so I'm not complaining too much. Man that steak was wonderful, thank you! Now off to the dealership... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but it sure was busy! We went from being hermits remodeling the house to a month full of entertaining! I think that had a lot to do with sucking the month away. October is my favorite so I'm down with the change! You're welcome!

      Ugh, don't even get me started on that d-bag dealership. Never again. What a shame their quality has plummeted.

      Delete
  2. I'm ready for the cooler weather, but not really ready for cold weather. I wouldn't say no to one hard freeze though to kill off the pesky flies and other insects that are so "sticky" this time of year. I don't think the farmers are quite ready though, so since that's their livelihood vs my convenience I'll be happy to wait a few more weeks.

    I've had a hard time with exercise lately. It seems like it always gets pushed to the bottom of the list and then falls off. I know I have to make it a priority, but I've been struggling to fit it in. We got new textbooks this year which means that I'm lesson planning from scratch instead of having what I did last year as an idea of where to start. That's why I've been putting in so many more hours this year - and it will continue all year, and I will gripe all year, but next year should be easier.

    Enjoy your favorite month! I love October too, only partly because it culminates in my favorite holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm not quite ready for *cold* but highs in the lower 60's, yes please! I would be happy with a freeze to kill off the pests...especially stinkbugs. OMG, those lil bastards!

      Would you be able to get in little blocks of exercise to help? Like 10 minutes in the morning while the news is on, maybe 10 minutes at lunch and 10 minutes while dinner's going? Could be something to shoot for if you can until things settle down. It could help with the stress too. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love the cold weather. In FL our cold weather IS the upper 60's lol.

    You have turned me onto Fitness Blender. I found them after you had talked about them. I do them just about everyday in some form. I would also walk about 7 miles in the backyard, however, we have had so much rain this summer, I would bog down in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it!! FB is a great free workout resource and I love being able to take them on the road with us when we travel too. So glad you like it too!

      Delete
  4. I'm all about autumn weather! I especially like this time of year when it's still dark out in the morning and I can snuggle into the blankets without a ray of light hitting my forehead (I have to sleep with an eye mask because I can't stand any light--even the clock or the old VCR;s with the time on them --used to put a tape right in front it that dang clock!) The other morning I was up early and happened to look out the bathroom and the most gorgeous sunrise was there before me. I really stood there in awe of God's creation in that moment. I'm glad to be able to pull out some lightweight sweaters again too because I don't do well with hot weather at all. Of course, my weight is pathetic so I don't actually look good in what I'm wearing, but I like the variety of colors and textures. Now if I could just find a pair of shoes that were REALLY comfortable all day long, I'd be set. No luck so far, but I keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the darkness in the morning too. I could stand for it to get dark around 6pm or so. I don't like it when it's 5pm and the sun is setting. I have an mp3 dock on my nightstand and I cover the light with the remote. The Mr? He's got so much crap on his side it's like the death star over there. I don't know how he sleeps.

      So glad you were able to enjoy the sunrise. I got to see a glimpse of one yesterday and it was so pretty.

      I bet you look better than you think, we're always our own worst critic! Keep looking for those comfy shoes. My clodhoppers have issues too.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)