Monday, July 14, 2014

Road trippin' with friends

Since the likelihood of us making it to Chicago was going to be low this year, some friends of ours decided since we liked our trip to Indianapolis a few months ago, we could meet up there.  Road trip?  Uh...yes please!

On the way there, I saw a few of these trailers with horsies in them...of course I said hello.


We got there a little early and stopped by Society of Salvage to take a peep.  Lots of industrial saves and interesting stuff.  Worth a stop if you're in the area.


We went down the street to Midland Antiques and met up with our friends.  The sheer size of the place is enough to elicit anticipation and I even brought Trader Joe's peanut butter bars to hand out in case we got trapped in there longer than anticipated.  I bought a few vintage books and an ivory and brown large creamer piece for the Fall mantel.  Yes, I'm already thinking Fall.  Sadly the olive basket I planned to buy was out.  I mean they had like 35 of those things three months ago which only drives home the adage "if you think you want it, buy it because it ain't gonna be there next time!"  

If we had a tiki lounge and the island of Maui and Hawaii hadn't looked like they imploded, I would so have bought this topographical 1960's piece from an old travel agency. 



As we were making our way to the downtown area for lunch, we passed the fancy pants part of Meridian Rd.  I would take any of the homes we passed.


As if driving around downtown Indy isn't new curse word inducing enough with it's crazy intersections and one way streets that confuse even the fanciest of GPS', they closed off the downtown round about and most of the main streets we needed to access for these guys.


It was irritating but we did find our way to Rocket Fizz and our lunch destination.  Then we decided to go to the Broad Ripple area and went into some shops and you never know where a store will pop up like a random side street.


We ended our time together at a cupcake shop where I got my vanilla vanilla because I'm vanilla like that.  We chit chatted until the stink eye indicated we stayed longer than the business hours on the website so we said our goodbyes and each got on our respective ways.

Thankfully the traffic was flowing quite nicely on our side but can't say the same for the people heading into the city.


We didn't have a super sunny day which was fine but we were able to catch sunset in the side view mirror.


Zots are mandatory for a long road trip home so the Mr can stay awake.


Did I mention they gave us a pretty awesome gift?


Thank goodness we didn't show up empty handed!  ;-)

(Peanut butter chip banana bread and banana bread with oatmeal Biscoff crumble)

It was such a great time and Sunday we went to an antique show that overcharged for the amount of vendors that showed up.  Thankfully they had some Annie Sloan paint so I don't have to water down my current low supply to try to make it stretch and I did get this, hell, I don't even know what it is to hold blankets but its transformation will be featured in the next few weeks so I'll let ya know when I get to it.

We grabbed some Subway and went downtown and ate in the shade, fed a scrawny bird and went for a walk for our workout.  We both agreed we will make this an...


We've felt the last few weeks of workouts really taking their toll so it'll be walks and yoga with no HRM being worn because it's more about listening to the bods this week.

We're supposed to get nicer temps the next few days so I'm hoping being out in the garage with the paint will be more pleasant than the past few weeks.

What did you guys do this weekend?  

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook )

8 comments:

  1. It was a good drive and even with a little rain I had a good time and didn't mind getting a little wet. Despite the frustration with finding a parking space downtown it all worked out well in the end and it was great to get together with friends.

    As for this week. Definitely glad we have an active recovery week. My body needs it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time too. Thankfully we were able to snag those spots close to each other.

      Yeah I woke up this morning and knew active recovery was the right decision.

      Delete
  2. We too, took a road trip. Travelled to nearby Kansas City (200 miles) to see our beloved Royals lose to the powerful Detroit Tigers. Good trip--blew my eating plan at a couple of convenience stores, however. Plan to hit it hard today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your team lost but I'm sure you still had a great time! That was yesterday, this is today...rock it!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a pretty great weekend.

    Saturday was breakfast out with the folks, lego club for the little boy, and picking up my bountiful basket to see what fruits and veggies we will be eating the next 2 weeks. Then movie night and a huge storm. I'm not sure I've ever seen it rain that hard. Lots of street flooding, and the nearby river was on a flood warning that expired this morning. Water leaked into hubby's shed/man cave so he spent all day yesterday dragging things out and cleaning while the boy and I hung out inside trying to stay cool in the insane humidity. Going to make today a better day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good weekend up until the leak and humidity dodging. I'm telling ya, I'm about done with this summer and its humidity. I don't remember it being this bad but the constant barrage of showers never seems to cool things off and just leaves it a sticky, gross mess. Hope today is a better one!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an absolutely lovely weekend! Mine was ho hum with working Saturday and doing some house chores. With averaging about 3-4 hours of sleep a night for the past month, I had the most lovely nap on Saturday that lasted two glorious hours and felt wonderful after that! Have my food plan and exercise plan done for the week and today was a great day in that regard. Work was a load of poop, but that's nothing unusual. =o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3-4 hours? Girl, you need to unwind that brain and get some good sleep! This always helps me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWe501bBel8 Congrats on a great day!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)