Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weigh In and belated food journal

Down 2 of the four I gained out of nowhere last week.  I'll take it.  Now I just have to lose 2 more and I'll be in 'new territory' weight loss wise which is always a nice place to be.

I know, it's been way too long since I've done Food Journal Fridays and I'm sorry for that.  With this injury I've been less than interested in much more than healing.  It's a day late, hopefully it's not a dollar short. (I don't even know what that means and I know it doesn't apply here...don't care, my brain's not functioning quite yet.)  Enjoy my eats for the week!  (Excuse the horrid lighting.  Our chandelier produces the WORST lighting in the history of the world.)

Sunday was BBQ pork on a light wheat bun and TJ's (Trader Joe's) chipotle potato bites.  Calories: 555


Monday was baked swai fish on lemon pepper pasta with light asiago alfredo sauce.  I wasn't a fan of the swai since it had a mealy texture over flaky so that'll be the last time I have that crap.  Bleh.  Calories: 645


Tuesday was chicken tacos with arugula and brussels sprouts with a sprinkle of parmesan and 1/2 slice of crumbled bacon.  Calories:  597


Wednesday was a chicken burger on a light wheat bun with arugula and 1/2 slice of thin lacy cheese and russet potato wedges.  Calories:  459


Thursday was Pacific Crab Stuffed Flounder over thai lime rice and brussels sprouts with a sprinkle of parmesan and 1/2 slice of crumbled bacon.  Calories:  658


Friday was a TJ's salmon burger on a light bun with 1 tbsp BBQ sauce and brussels sprouts with a sprinkle of parmesan and 1/2 slice of crumbled bacon.  Calories:  358



I had a lot of buns this week!  I like wheat buns and I cannot lie...

I'm looking forward to an afternoon filled with merriment with my cousin (he's lost 100 lbs.  So proud of him!)  He likes my cookin' so I'm making chicken el paso old school Chi Chi's style and we're going to watch bad 80's/90's horror movies into the night.

What are you up to today?  No good?  ;-)

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )

11 comments:

  1. yay on losing the 2 lbs...Im off to the gym after reading ur blog..I need to do this..2013 is the year!!

    Love ur burgers...I need to get some salmon burger patties....Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great way to spend the day. I'm not sure what's planned here. It's sunny but bitter cold today. Maybe later we can spend a little time outside, but I don't know that it's going to get much above freezing all weekend. Tomorrow is run around crazy to do all the weekend chores for Monday day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, half way there! I'd love to be doing some serious sleeping in, but I had signed up to help with a school activity today, so off to school I go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm. do we have the chicken el Paso recipe? sounds delicious. I will check your page out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm. do we have the chicken el Paso recipe? sounds delicious. I will check your page out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the 2 lbs! I hope you and your cousin have a wonderful day today! I met a friend at 7am at Panera's and much to my dismay, I broke down in tears. I didn't anticipate that happening, but all of a sudden, there it was. Finally realizing that I hit bottom and didn't know it and have been in a grieving process since all that chit hit the fan last February. Right smack dab in the middle of soccer kids and old fogies chortling over today's newspaper. Ha! It was a scene. Now it's on to laundry and cleaning before watching some football.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on the swai! That shit is vile. Hey, what brand of light buns do you use and how many cals are in them? I'm having a heck of a time finding anything like that in my area. Your melty cheese on the burger looked SO good.

    Congrats on dropping those sneaky pounds! I bought a new pair of pants last night and am still shocked at the size I ended up with. This whole business of losing weight is such a trip!

    Have a GREAT weekend! ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just came across your blog!!!
    Wohoo for the two lbs loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this the cousin you've blogged about before? If so, he's done an AWESOME job of gettin' down to business! Enjoy the fun visit, and take a minute to high five each other for all your accomplishments!

    I'm having a quiet weekend with the usual sh-tuff--gym, grocery, naps, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want chipotle potato bites! They look awesome. I wish our Trader Joe's was closer. :(

    I'm glad you lost 2 of those pounds--woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm...all of it looks seriously drool worthy! And hehehehe I like wheat buns and I cannot lie... :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)