Thursday, January 31, 2013
My Beauty Picks under $20
1. Organix - Intense Moisturizing Treatment Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil I had 80's hair. The higher the hair, the closer to heaven they used to say and I was downright celestial. Even 20 years later, I was paying for my Aqua Net sins. In hearing more and more about Argan Oil and its healing properties, I thought I'd give it a go. OH. MY. LORD! The first time I put it on (after a crisping hair coloring), it felt like my hair turned into buttah. The smell? The only way I can describe it is if it were a person, I'd make love to it. If they made it into a perfume, I'd buy stock.
2. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream I had to try out the newest craze and I'm cheap so I had to try the least expensive BB cream. I've got inherited dark circles, a scar on my cheek and some uneven skin tone. So the promise of an SPF 30, moisturizer, primer, foundation and such was appealing especially if I didn't have to buy all of that stuff separately. All in all, I really like it. It gives a perfect canvas and pressed powder sets it perfectly without looking cakey. I will say that you MUST remove it at the end of the day. No sleeping in it or you're gonna wake up with some wicked clogged pores. I won't tell you how I know that.
3. Bonne Bell Lip Lites Lip Gloss I love almost every color in this line and they smell /taste good too! I love how inexpensive they are but long lasting. No need to spend a ton of money on high end brands. I keep some in my make up kit, the glove compartment and my purse.
4. Clean & Clear Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment This was recommended to me by a Facebook follower when I asked about something to kill small planets orbiting my face. While it's slow to work on my well established planetary irritant, it instantly kills any others trying to pop up. I see a little red bump starting to form and they say "oh, I'm sorry. Wrong face! I was just kidding!"
5. Pantene Pro-V Naturefusion Moisture Balance Shampoo I've always loved Pantene. It was my "grown up" shampoo while helping to repair damage from previously mentioned 80's hair. When the Nature Fusion line came out, I gave it a go and fell in love. I didn't think I could love it any more but it made my hair softer and more shiny. Score!
6. Dove Clinical Protection, Original Clean I don't wear this everyday but I pack it for vacations. When we go to Hawaii, we're usually gone from dawn to dusk or later. This stuff lasts ALL day long with no sweat and no stank. I don't want to offend locals with an inferior deodorant.
7. Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter This has more of a vanilla scent than coconut to me but I still love it. It's perfect for spreading on your dangles (baggy skin) to moisturize as you shrink or on your neck to keep that "hard road" look from giving away your age. I don't have that yet and I'd like to think shea butters are the reason why.
8. Suave Advanced Therapy Body Lotion Another really awesome lotion that smells great, lasts a long time and is a God send in winter weather for not a lot of money.
What beauty basics do you swear by?
This post contains affiliate links.
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Or you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter )
Labels: Product Review