Saturday, April 21, 2012

If I'm Lucky - Weigh In

...I can lose 2 more pounds and be at an unhappy wash of being back where I was 2 months ago!

So yeah, down 2 pounds, still up 2 overall from my lowest.  It is like I'm being punished for working so hard.  At this point, I'm just praying I can get those 2 pounds off and MAYBE not be back into the 3's at the end of our vacation.  When we get back from vacations we weigh in under the WORST possible circumstances which is 17 hours trapped in a flying tube and in airports, having consumed more sodium from eating out than we're used to and very little water because I'm not using the airplane bathroom unless I'm forced in there.  So we come straight in the door, weigh in and know that is our 'worst case scenario.'  Then we get right back to the routine and usually half or more drops off just from going back to business as usual.  We'll see.  I'm not going to obsess over it.  I will pray that the weight loss god throw me a 3 this coming week so I can at least hit a new lowest number and not feel like I'm spinning my wheels for 2 months.

When we get back high cal days are getting an overhaul.  They'll still exist but new rules are going to be implemented.  More on that another time.

In the meantime, we're going out with friends today to intro them to the best burger in the city and a vegan bakery.  (How's THAT for a combo!)  I'm going to stop when I'm full, drink lots of water and if I'm not actually hungry for dinner when that time rolls around then I'm not going to eat just because it's dinner time.

Anyone else weigh in today/recently?  What's on tap for your weekend?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

11 comments:

  1. Yes we have to stick to our good habit from the 2008 trip when we ate anything we wanted but ate slowly and stopped when we were full - and gained NOTHING!

    It can be done. We know it's possible, so let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! A burger AND vegan dessert, hmmm, interesting! I Hope it's delicious and you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting combo! Enjoy your time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just curious...i know you have been working your butt off with fitness but NOT seeing the loss you want on the scale. are you seeing any difference in the measuring tape? or in the fit of your clothes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered the same thing. It could be a plateau, or you could be balancing out with muscle gain right now. Whatever it is, I hope you feel better and see the scale moving again soon. :)

      Delete
  5. Maybe vacation is just what you need. That, or throwing your scale out the window. :)

    Have fun with burgers and vegan bakeries. You're right; that is weird. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being down too pounds! It's such a good plan to stop when you're full - one of these days I'll master that skill :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the loss with Auntie in the house! I'm not sure what a vegan bakery would be like...that's interesting at least. I spent the day in Utah shopping for our trip in June and while we ate out I was as good as I could possibly be and was careful at dinner to make up for anything over. I agree with you...traveling makes it hard because I also won't take my 'water pill' when I travel, so I'm usually a balloon when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! Glad you had a good week!

    I know you want to get back to your low weight, but I hope you're able to let the weight move to the background and focus on the fact that YOU'RE GOING TO HAWAII!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eating right when you travel is HARD but the way I see it, you tend to walk a LOT more when you travel and it would be a shame not to try local food. I just lost 2kg in my first week of my new-found determination to get into shape before my 30th birthday, and I think a lot of that is that **before** I started, I was eating SO badly and not exercising AT ALL. So I totally agree with weight falling off when you return to "business as usual". Good luck getting the numbers you want and enjoy the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing something right since you're losing though, that's great! You'll get to that lowest point - and farther!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)