Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Food Journal 4/22-4/27

I remembered to take a pic of my dinner Sunday.  That's a good start!  I thought I'd take pic of my fruit salad for those who drool over my freshly made bowl o' goodness at lunch!  Half a navel orange, red grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple.


Looks good right?  Have I whet your appetite?  Let's eat!



Sunday was my Rainbow Kabobs with Mango Chipotle Shrimp on the grill and grilled asparagus with pepper and garlic powder.  It was sooo good and very low cal for all of that goodness!  Calories:  367


Monday was Trader Joe's Pacific Stuffed Flounder topped with a little Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime and a side of roasted brussels sprouts with pancetta and 1 tsp of parmesan romano blend.  Calories:  425


Tuesday was Chinese 'take in.'  1/2 cup brown basmati rice, 3 1/2 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast, 1 cup of broccoli slaw, 1/4 sliced zucchini, 1/4 cup red pepper and 1/4 cup of onion topped with 2 tbsp of Trader Ming's General Tsao's sauce.  Chives and sesame seeds for garnish.  Calories:  385


Wednesday was 5 1/2 oz of silverbrite salmon with mango butter and Ian's Whole Wheat panko and a side of roasted asparagus.    It was sooo good!  Calories:  285


Thursday was BBQ chicken naan pizza and roasted brussels sprouts.  The Mr was a happy boy.  Under all of that chicken and cheese lies some sweet, caramelized onions.  Le' yum.  No idea why I lapsed into faux French right there.  Calories:  621


Tonight's dinner was one that the Mr gave a rousing thumbs up to.  Parmesan Peppercorn Cheese Stuffed Chicken Sliders with a bowl of fruit salad.  I've got some caramelized onions on the bottom and a hit o' bbq sauce.  Calories:  660


The Mr wanted to make sure you saw the cheesy goodness that lies within.  It was pretty friggin' good and I was told to pat myself on the back for that one.  *Pat*

Calorie Average for the week:  2175
Calorie Burn with formal exercise:  4640

I'd say we're doing a good job of getting our fruits and veggies in are we not?  Another week with 3 seafood dinners so I'd say eating fish half the time is a good thing!  I did a decent job of staggering my calories this week.

Sun-2303
Mon-2214
Tues-2239
Wed-2001
Thurs-2278
Fri-2017

We'll see if that does anything or not.  I also increased my free weights and I've really felt those strength workouts too.  Should be interesting with Atletica Sunday.  Dreading that one.  Fingers crossed for a good scale reading tomorrow.

Anything planned for the weekend?  Eat anything worth noting this week?

====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

9 comments:

  1. We're having baked steelhead tonight...and I love Mrs. Dash Chile Lime seasoning! Nothing else exciting though we went to WF and got some good produce we can't get in out little town so I'm enjoying that this week. Gearing up for being on the road, where the choices are not as good. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chinese take in looks good. I never would have thought to use broccoli slaw. Do you cook it or leave it raw?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cook it when I do stir fry and it gets a wee bit soft but still crunchy and really brightens up! I like to freeze it when it's getting to the end of its life cycle so I can use it specifically for stir fries in the future.

      Delete
  3. That fruit salad looks AMAZING. I could eat fruit all day every day. It's so yum.

    The chicken sliders look pretty boss too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seriously rocked the food week, mamma!! Vegetables and fish!! Fruit and chicken!
    I must try the Brussels Sprouts. You are getting some nice, thin asparagus. Ours has been thick, thick and thicker stalks. Nope!

    Congrats on 1.75 lbs down and take GOOD CARE of that thumb so it's in tip-top hiatus form for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulously delicious as always! The news media should seriously pick up your blog so millions of people could know that tracking your calories doesn't have to mean boring, tasteless food.

    I was particularly happy to see the seafood, which had calorie counts more in line with my c-budget. The chicken sliders and naan pizza look fab, but I'd have to starve the rest of the day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so good! I might have to figure out a way to make those sliders vegetarian--oh man! I'm totally a sucker for putting caramelized onions on just about anything. They really make everything taste better and with a minimal amount of calories too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)