Friday, March 9, 2012

3/9/12- Food Journal


Today has been exhausting.  I'm glad to report that this is the first day I haven't had heart palpitations.  Oh, I didn't tell you about those?  Yeah.  I've been stressed to the max this week with a ton of things all coming down the pike and I need to make a to do list so I can cross those things off.  I would get so stressed out that I'd have heart palps like I did when I was my most stressed at my "normal" job just before I quit because I was sure it was killing me.  I think one of the bigger sources of my anxiety has been this adding calories thing.  I'm terrified of the scale tomorrow.  I know one week isn't long enough for my body to process the change and I just pray there's not a gain.  I've been KILLING the workouts this week.  Almost 4500 calories burned this week in formal exercise.  I know there are a lot of factors working against me this week so I just have to control the things I can and know I'm doing what I need to do and I'll give it another week regardless and make smarter choices on snacks next week.  But that's not why you're here...let's eat.

Breakfast was a cinnamon raisin english muffin with 2 tbsp of Better N' Peanut Butter, 1 banana and an omelet made of 2 egg whites, 1 egg, half a slice of lacy cheese and 1 tbsp of caramelized onions.


Lunch was tuna lettuce 'tacos' with raw veggies and 1/2 tbsp of dip, honeycrisp apple with apple dip, fruit salad, TJ's Fiberful Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Bar and iced tea.




Dinner was going to be something else but I didn't like the sodium content I was going to end up with so I changed it.  We had chicken tacos with caramelized onions and spicy refried beans.



Snack will be a Skinny Cow with 2 peanut butter oat balls.



Calories for the day, 2033 which will average me out to 2320 per day for the week.  No exercise today (not scheduled) but I was up and running most of the day so that had to burn a little somethin'.

Tomorrow is clean out the suitcase day after I swing by an antique store and hopefully pick up these 2 side tables I found.  I'm going to TJ's or Whole Foods so I can get some arugula.  There's a great salad from NYE, I want to try to recreate.

What's on your agenda for the weekend?
====================
Like this post? Don't miss another one...subscribe via email or RSS feed. (Because you're cool like that!)

3 comments:

  1. Those tacos look really good. I think I'm seeing some in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tacos look great! I tried the Brussels sprouts cooked the way you explained in your blog a day or so ago. I had 17 sprouts in my container so made them all, even though I think you said use 14. I carmelized the onions first, I think I want to do that again and keep them on hand to hyave with everything! YUMMY! I had not had Brussels sprouts since I was a kid--they were delish! But I almost ate all 17 sprouts, instead of HALF of them the way I was supposed to. Then I realized I made a thin-crust veggie pizza for me last night, (hubby & son had a MEAT topped pizza with thicker crust and way more cheese than I got) and I could have cut up those left-over sprouts to add to the pizza! RATS! That would have been yummy with those onions and cheese. Next time! Still waiting for that recipe for that tortilla-looking thing you featured--what did you call it--LUM YUM or something! Anyway it looked great. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! Stress is a beyotch. I hope that things even out for you soon. I used to get physically ill at my former job as well from the stress and anxiety. Leaving it changed that but then of course life always throws new stress your way. I'm glad that I can manage it with exercise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)