Monday, January 16, 2012

My Word for the Year

Many people have chosen a specific word to represent their intent for the year.  I don't usually think that much about it but there is something about this year that the Mr and I both feel a renewal to our commitment to get this weight loss kicked into high gear.  So my word for this year is


We're renewing our commitment to doing whatever it takes to forge ahead and lose more weight this year than we have the past 2 years with the slow down.  We know where improvements can be made and we're going to do that.  I also want to renew our promise to do one new thing each month that is different for us.  Whether it's going to a gallery or a festival we've never been to or trying a new activity when weight loss allows us to do so (kayaking without having to look for a heavy duty one), zipline and fingers crossed ride a roller coaster by the end of the season if the bod cooperates.  We're also renewing our commitment only eat things that make us sink back in our chairs in culinary bliss.  I'm not going to eat things I don't love to be polite or because its there.  I'm only eating calories that are worth it.

Do you have a word to represent your intentions for the year?

====================
Don't miss another post! Subscribe via email or RSS feed.

16 comments:

  1. I still haven't decided on one word. I think I'm going to have to do a word-of-the-month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just last month, I encountered the concept of a word for the year. It was in a blog and the writer suggested that the word should be a verb. I chose the word CREATE. I'm happiest and most satisfied when I'm involved in creative activities; that activity list can include a lot of things that are not so obvious. When I view cleaning as a creative activity, I am reminded that I am creating a pleasant living space. Exercise creates a stronger body, not procrastinating (as much) creates a calmer me. The list of activities is endless!

    (I do participate in the obvious creative activities. Knitting is my passion right now.)

    It all adds up to creating the best life yet (and I'm off to a great start!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!!!!! I think my word this year is going to be SMILE or LAUGH or something along those lines. There's a lot of not so fun stuff going on this year but I want to rock through it and enjoy the good stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings on your renewed commitment to stick to your weigh loss goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your word, as I will be doing just that this weekend. A girlfriend and I are going to have a spa weekend, complete with facial, massage and salt scrub. We will relax at the hotel pool renewed and totally rested.
    I think MY word though would have to be commitment, because I have a terrible time sticking to the whole diet and exercise thing longer than 2 weeks.

    Cheezchik32
    P.S. congratulations on the almost one woman uprising at the other site and the sharing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your word! I think my word would be Commit. I need to buckle down and cross this damn finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, and great word! I haven't fully decided on a theme or a word for the year, but that's part of what I'm going to be doing tomorrow (my birthday). :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT WORD! Sometimes we just need something different to get us back in the real weight loss mode. Last Jan., my 3 grown sons and I did a Biggest Loser challenge. Even though I had already lost over 100 pounds at that point the challenge motivated me to lose my last 45 pounds and actually hit a goal weight for the first time in my life. Good Luck on your RENEWAL, and what a great idea about only eating things that are really worth the calories. I'm going to do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen this idea before, so I don't have a word, but I will be thinking about one. It will likely be on the order of 'adventure'. But I also want to say, you will LOVE ziplining! I was afraid of it until a 10-year-old boy from Mexico told me he would take good care of me if I would try it. I've been hooked ever since. This year, assuming they build it, we're ziplining over Royal Gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great word, Mrs!

    Mine... I have three which address my effort, my mindset (and my hope), and my spirit...

    CONSISTENCY
    DETERMINATION
    JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT word! Mine for 2012 is STRONG. But it means so much more than physically strong (although I wouldn't mind working on that a little bit too). For me it is about strong relationships and strong sense of self. :-) So far I am LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your word! Following you from Layla's party-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)