Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 2: Fluffernutter Cookies

I was looking for some cookie recipes with very few ingredients for those times when company is swinging by unannounced or you were just craving a really awesome, easy cookie.  I found 'em.  The Fluffernutter Cookie.



They taste like the best peanut butter cookies you've ever had and the Mr and I concur that if we doubled them that they would taste exactly like place up the street whose peanut butter cookies we cannot resist.  The fact this recipe is so easy makes it that much better.  (Or dangerous depending on your motives.)

Fluffernutter Cookies

1 cup Jif Smooth Peanut Butter
1 cup Marshmallow Cream
1 egg


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the egg and peanut butter together in a bowl.  It will get a little clumpy looking.  No worries.  Add the marshmallow cream and incorporate until it comes together and looks slightly streaked.

Using a smallish to medium sized cookie scoop, put on a silpat or non stick cookie sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes.  If it looks like it's going to need another minute in the oven, turn on the oven light and watch it for that minute, they overcook easy.  Don't ask how I know that.  *whistles*

Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.  Grab some milk and chow down...er...I mean put them in tins for gifts.  They stay soft and chewy for days.  These would make awesome ends for an ice cream sandwich but you didn't hear that from me.

Makes 18 cookies.

Recipe from Picky Palate

Nutritional Information per cookie:  Calories 115  Total Fat 7g  Sat fat 1g  Cholesterol  10mg  Sodium 75mg  Potassium 4mg  Total Carbs 7g  Sugars 4g  Protein  4g  Iron 2%

====================
Don't miss another 12 Days of Treats recipe!  Subscribe via email and get them delivered to your inbox!

11 comments:

  1. I just thought yesterday's 4 ingredient cookies could be easy and you bring a 3 ingredient cookie. I am not a peanut butter fan but my husband and family are sure to enjoy these. Thanks for the recipe and also for including the nutritional value of each cookie. I feel sure it was a lot of work and I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fizz- Thanks! Yes it's a little time consuming to provide the nutritional information but y'all are worth it! One thing I've always been disappointed with in recipe blogs is the lack of nutritional info. It's important to note that if you don't use the exact thing I list, it may vary slightly but I'd rather people have a general idea of the per serving info so they can decide for themselves if the recipe is something they can fit into their lifestyle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound absolutely delicious. I will definitely be trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peanut butter cookies! I almost never make them because I can't resist - the fact that this recipe only makes 18 is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnotherLayer- You could absolutely half this recipe to make the temptation even less if you wanted to. I know I will in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is too easy. How could I mess it up? (film at 11) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh, I am SO in trouble . . . love me some peanut butter cookies, and I can't imagine how good they'll be with marshmallow cream in them. Definitely going on my 'must make' list! I'm doing a cookie baking day with my daughter in the next couple of weeks, and I'm sure she's going to want to try them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! The kiddos could even do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look beautiful but luckily, during cookie season, I can withstand peanut butter cookies. Monday's shortbread? Not so much! Those are on the "cookies" to-make list, once the semester is over!
    Thank you. (Beautiful layout, as always. You DEF need a studio, I concur with the guest room plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so making these to bring to a party we will attend Sunday evening! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate thoughtful readers like you! If your comment doesn't show up right away, check back in a few minutes. I promise it'll get posted. The system can get a little glitchy. (Rude or spammy comments will be deleted. Fair warning.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...