Saturday, November 26, 2011

Why I'm cool with the gain - Weigh In

Up 3 lbs.

Given the morning after we got back the scale had me up 9 lbs (which I know from past experience is water weight from ungodly amounts of sodium) so getting 8 lbs of the official vacation gain off in in 4 days is awesome.  I will take that!  That's with only having 4 "formal" workout sessions over our usual 5, my system being completely screwed up with no release until today after weigh in if you get my drift AND a Thanksgiving holiday thrown in there that was much more carbalicious (but not over the top) than our usual Thursday fare.  We came back got right back to exercising, eating right and getting in the water.  We even stopped at the grocery store on the way home from Memphis after a horrific, long drive to get fruit for the rest of the week for lunches.  So I'm officially declaring it a success even if no one else does!

The workouts have been really taking their toll on us this week.  It's not like we were inactive on the trip.  I don't call walking 4-7 miles per day inactive but there you have it.  I have no doubt I'll be back to my low weight and beyond soon.  Life is about loosening the reins every now and then and knowing that you have to tighten them right back up and that's what we did.  So I'm good with it.

Welp, hope everyone has a great weekend!

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

9 comments:

  1. I agree. I am up a pound from before thanksgiving but up 3 from my lowest so back to basics. I have events events every weekend till new years so am going to be very dedicated in between all these things. We will just keep going, yes? Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that was a success all the way around! Weeks like this are when you *know* you can do this long-term and continue to experience and enjoy life along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It comes with the territory! You gain some, you lose some. You gotta let it roll off your back, or you'd just be miserable about it. If you had a good time, then it was totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definite success! I'm trying to learn that success comes in many shapes and sizes, and I learned some from this post too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most important thing is that you enjoyed your trip. We'll get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the way you let yourself LIVE when on vacation. I think that if I was ever able to take a vacation (see the sarcasm there? Teehee!) I would want to do just what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your posts, I just spent a good amount of time reading around. Your FAQ section sounds like you've received a lot of criticism and I just wanted to say I think you are an inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all! I appreciate the comments and support!

    Shellsea- Welcome! So glad you're making yourself at home and hope to see you back again! Yes, if it's one thing I've found when it comes to weight loss is everyone thinks their way is the best way & have no problem criticizing someone else's way of doing it if they don't agree. Some people think there is no way I can succeed while eating sugar or pizza & like to tell me that. I think almost 200 lbs off says otherwise. ;) I hate coming off defensive in my FAQ's but unfortunately it's been deemed necessary. Hope that doesn't scare you off! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went out of town for Thanksgiving, and when I returned, I was about 2 pounds down. I was visiting with family. I find that my eating is always much better when I am around people that I enjoy. It's not all about the food, but also about the company. Don't get me wrong, "The food was banging." I was able to enjoy myself without worrying about my weight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)