Friday, November 11, 2011

When did THAT happen?

I bought this jacket last year. I've only lost 40 lbs this year (yes, when you have as far as I have to go and workout as hard as I do, "only" applies) and my measurements haven't changed drastically at the measure points so how does this phenomena occur?


This jacket looks like I have would have to smuggle a bedroom pillow or two for it to fit and I don't remember losing 2 bedroom pillows this year so I just don't get how a jacket gets that roomy in a year's time. Okay maybe the pajama pants too.  I wore these to Hawaii in 2002 and then I grew out of 'em and couldn't wait to wear them again.  That happened in the spring and now they looks like clown pants on me.  My leg measurements have only changed by like 2" if I'm lucky.  Does fat redistribute or something!?  So now I have to go buy a new outdoor winter activity coat that doesn't have the word "puffer" in it because note to the obese, it's not cute no matter how bad you want it to be.  The coat will get washed and go to a friend and the pajama pants, well, I'm seriously considering keeping them and having them altered when I get to goal because I love them THAT much.  (It's hard to find tropical pj's without looking like you belong in Trader Vics)  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Do you ever have denial that an outfit or certain clothes are too big to wear anymore?

====================
Like this post? Never miss another one...subscribe by email or RSS feed at the upper left of the page!

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes I find it difficult to stop wearing a pair of fave jeans no matter how baggy and loose they've become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how that happens, but I love it when it does! I have a sweater that I kept for a long time even though I looked ridiculous in it. I just gave it up. Moving on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I remember when you bought that jacket! What a shock it had to be to put it on and realize that it's way too big on you now. Yippee! I'm having a devil of a time finding a jacket that is long enough to cover the bum, yet doesn't look like the Michelin Man on me. Very difficult. I'm currently wearing a jacket that is way too big and makes me look like Sponge Bob (only in teal), but it's the only thing I got right now. LOL As for the pj's--keep 'em! You could even get a drawstring to hold them up if need be. They are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about a drawstring for the pants too.

    I'd tell you I'm sorry that you have to buy a new coat but then I'd be lying!! I remember going through the same thing once upon a time; I hadn't lost any weight and yet I looked so much thinner in a photo. Once I got over the surprise, I enjoyed what I saw!!

    Congratulations, like what you see!! (And good luck on a new coat.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came by from Cammy's blog. What a great visual of your progress. And pumpkin bread and gingerbread are two of my favorites! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, non-scale victory! I've got a red puffer vest in my coat closet. New with tags. Purchased three years ago. Turns out it's not cute for some of the formerly obese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!

    I'm a bit in denial about my jeans/pants in general. To me if they're not falling off as I walk (like my flannel pj pants all are) then they're "fine". Yes, they might be "fine" at the hips/waist (meaning you can't see how sloppy because my shirt is out over) but when I look at the butt/thigh area it's obvious they are too big and look bad.

    I have a LOT of "paint pants" now (and one really big pair I keep just as my "before" pair).

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite workout shirt. How sad it that? It just swims on me now and it's so big it actually interferes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happened to me, too, when it didn't seem like my measurements have changed THAT much--darn, I had to go buy new winter stuff! Yeah, there are things I tend to wear until friends or family tell me I really have to let go of them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great!! Yep, don't know how that happens, but it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pants are too cute to let go. I'm just catching up here...I did not see your pumpkin/ginger bread but we did make gluten free/sugar free pumpkin bread today and it was not flavor-free and I'm happy about that! I have never laid around when I had a cold so I'd work out so long as I'm not spreading my germs to others. And while I'm catching up...nope...I will not take anything specific for regular illnesses unless I'm dying from a particular symptom. Hope you have a great weekend no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely have some clothes that I wear that are too big. My old trusty black work pants and just baggy and I must admit that they make me look pretty stupid. I just haven't given them up. I did that once before and grew right back into them.

    Forty pounds actually does make a big difference as you can see. Although the measurements haven't changed much, you do so much working out that your body is probaby just building muscles beneath it all. I am sure you already know that. When I first saw that about your jacket being too big, I thought, "So are those pants." At least you realized it too. It's so hard to get rid of things we like. At least you know you don't have to. Way to go on your too big clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I fully believe it randomly distributes. I used to wear men's jeans for the longest time. One day I pulled out my stand-bys and went....um, they don't fit right anymore. No clue what my women's jeans size was...had to go to a local store and do the hold-sideseams-against-hips until I found a pair that "fit" and then tried them on. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I appreciate your time! (Heads up though...disrespectful or spam comments will be deleted.)